Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chipes

Lake City Crappies

6 posts in this topic

Guys, I caught some nice white crappies and a few blacks about a month ago down in the Lake City stretch of the river on a slip bobber and crappie minnow. But it's been awhile....has anyone been fishing for them down there? Caught any? Would like to hear if anyone is catching any, and what depth. Thanks guys. Good Fishing.

A week ago or so I ran into some old timers who had a sweet pile of slabs they had gotten on the Wi side. I was told, almost directly across from Lake City, suspended in 23 FOW.

I caught 4 trolling #5 raps on the WI side (same area) a week ago too. 2.4 MPH in 14-18 FOW. They're still out there for you too. Good luck!

Are you marking schools of them at any certain depth? Or do you think they are just spread out all over the place? Were you associated with any structure? How far off shore were you trolling? Thanks. Good fishing. Look for 17 foot fisher boat saturday.

I was out in front of the Y camp. I was trolling in 14 to 18 FOW. I was obviously, not fishing for crappies though. I marked "tons" of fish, but it is hard to tell if/what they were. I don't recall "schools" though, but again, I was trying to stay on a break and in a certain depth, at a certain speed, so I was not concentrating on "seeing fish" on the graph. I think they might have been stragglers here and there, but who knows. I've never fished for crappies on the river, so I have no experience there. All I know is that the 4 that I caught were "big" - and I let them all go.

Good Luck!!

Fish Depot,

Thanks for the insite. I will be out there tomorrow. I'll post how I do. Looking for some slabs and some walleyes. Good luck to this weekend if you make it out.