Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

whats is pool 2# hush hush

15 posts in this topic

where is everyone. is pool 2# hush hush, why isnt anybody postin, i know people are fishin. just wonderin y no fmer's post here

Nothing to talk about not catching anything grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Last time I was there it was slow for me. Been fishin lakes and upper sippi.

I am getting a lot of fish. Unfortunately, I tore my bicep tendon and had surgery. So I mostly watch others catch my fish for me.

I told you not to smash the Poker table after being run down by some clown... cool.gif

back on topic....no fish in pool 2 the catch and release regs just killed it... grin.gif

Dave, which part of the pool have you been fishing? Thanks for the help.

I havent had to go downriver of the no wake zone at Watergate and I dont fish at the dam.

I prefer not to narrow it down any further. grin.gif

OH-Pier, actually this happened getting the boat out. Now about all I can do for fun is play cards.....and I am running GOOOOOOD at Canterbury!

Geez Dave, that's not too specific... grin.gif

Many thanks for the info. I may well be out tomorrow morning either on the upper stretch, or around 494. Both areas were very good up through early June, at which point I jumped over for some bass fishing. But these good reports have me thinking it's time to back on Pool 2.

Out yesterday, 20-25 eyes with 1/2 being 11-14". We moved down river (still above Lilydale) and found the 16-22" fish. Throw in a couple nice surprise pike, a 15-20 lb

MAMMOTH drum, the usual smallies and white bass and it was a busy 3-4 hours on the water.

What kind of presentation are you guys using on the river? Jigs, lindy, crawlers, minnows???? Would like to try some if this action for fun since it is so close to home.

Thanks

crankbaits

Si, crankbaits.

I was out Saturday 6/30 from 4 PM to 6:30 PM and managed ~6 walleyes pulling a blue and silver #5 crank bait. Went from the confluence up to the dam. No real size but one was 18".

Curious - what colors is everyone else using?

Regards,

Chris

crayfish, silver/black, firetiger, red craw, and blue silver all produce.

It's not hush hush, got into some nice eyes on 7/2 about 8 am at the 18 foot mark of the island and then again upstream just before the current kicks up. But I sure wish the pleasure boaters would give up some room. It really blanks me off when they come screamin by at 40-50 mph and only 20-30 yds from an anchored boat !!!! Is there a law? !!!!