Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOSTER8FISH

Lake Mary, Douglas County

10 posts in this topic

I am heading to Alex this weekend with friends and will be staying at Bigfoot Resort on Lake Mary. I am wondering if anyone has any info on what bait the eye's are biting on and where? Thinking about trying out Lake Miltona for eyes and maybe a muskie. That is if the weather cooperates. confused.gif

To get more and better respones, try posting in the Alexandria area forum.

I think at this point you'll find crawlers to be the bait of choice on most lakes. On some of the lakes that will mean going through a ton of bait though, because most of the other fish like those too.

If you can get them to go on crankbaits, trolling or casting, that will eliminate the panfish other than possibly some nicer crappies.

Rooster>>> are you staying in a cabin or camping? i have a seasonal up at bigfoot and will be up there this weekend.. site C-5.. if ya see me out say hi and i can fill you in on what is working and hopefully it will work for you..if your in cabins look for me on docks will be in a 18 pro-v balck and gold w 175 merc on back...

One thing you can try too is use a Gulp crawler. I've had good luck using them and don't go through near as many to the panfish. Gulp has that new one out that floats, works good when the eyes don't want any hardware on the snell, and it will still keep your snell off hte bottom a little ways. cool.gif

Tom, we will be staying in cabin eight I believe. It was the house the owners used to stay in but they made it into a cabin and built a new house. We will be out in a fish and ski boat ,Larson 16 1/2 foot , white with black trim. Hopefuly we can share some information and help each other out. Look for the man drinking out of bubba keg.

I have a friend that is going up north this weekend also that bought forty dollers worth of Gulp. He said that he will find if it is as good as it is advertised. laugh.gif

K Dawg I am kinda of new at this website. So excuse me but from the home page how do I get to the Forums for certain cities. Thanks for the help,

rooster>> i believe cabin 9 is the cabin the owners used to live in before they built there new house and cabin 8 is the first cabin as you drive in the new road to the resort by there new house..but if you walk thru the resort i am in the back part or what we call the new part of the resort..will be up around 5:30 on friday..

Tom, we will be arriving on Saturday in the afternoon. I will try to look you up being you will have a day in. You should have all the hot spots marked laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif