Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hazzard

Jackfish bay

3 posts in this topic

Im heading up this week just wanted to see if any one has any fishing reports from the area.

Reports are sporadic, bass have been doing well, but walleye have been touch and go. They are still shallow and no reports of them on the reefs, yet. If we can get this wind to lessen, maybe a person could find them consistantly! confused.gif

Troll the shorelines. Look for rocky points that work into back bays. Have one person cast the shore while the other trolls some sort of rig. Jackfish has some great drifting runs. If the wind is blowing parellel to the shore, throw on some rigs and get ready to rock. Another option is to find some current. Jig the areas that narrow down and cut one body of water off from another. I know this post doesn't help that much because you are asking for fishing reports in the area, but if I was going up to fish that particular part of Basswood for Walleyes, that is what I would go for. Hopefully this helps...