• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

Just kinda courious here, but how many are planning to hit for some walleys for the last weekend? I am sure there is gonna be alot of people this weekend..

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

I'm not sure. The end of the year here has been soooo slow for almost everyone I talked to. I'd rather go out and cahse some pannies and get into some action.

i'm heading out tonight and tomorrow for walleyes. i'm getting all of the use out of my new permanent that i can this year.

ya thats a good thing, when you spend the money to have a permanent, your going to want to use it.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any luck on the panfish and crappies lately? I went out to pleasent lake yesterday and couldn't find the crappies but with the wind and snow it was hard to move once we got set up. We did catch a lot of small bluegills and had fun playing with the northerns with the aqua view, lol.

sounds like there getting some nice panfish out on Twin. Have you tried that at all.

wich twin ??? or did you mean west sylvia ??? J.K. I knew what you meant !!! they were starting to hit again , but this snow cover tite lipped them once again, maybe by the weekend things will change.......

well you just have to jiggle it a bit different and get them to hit it LOL

hey BNS I must have jiggled it just right the last couple of nights , just like the LINDERS say "they bit like gangbusters" can you say SSLLLAAAABBBSS and BUUULLLLL GILLS ,all I can say is YYEEESSSS.... watch yer bobber

told ya, i knew you could find them. There there, just need to work hard to find them

• 2 weeks later...

Im not going to be able to get out for the opener, so i hope to hear alot of information on whats going on out there.

Good Luck to all

Wet a line today. Didn't get anything. Ice needs to get off so the back bays can warm up a little.

Pelican. The access bay is starting to break open. The old access on the south end has about 20-30' of open water.

fished pulaski from the shore. theres about thirty feet of open water. was hoping the crappies are moving in but i guess they haven't yet.

confused.gifcorrect me If I'm wrong please but with my experiance when the ice goes off it disoreants the fish and it is usually one or two weeks before they come back to there late ice haunts..at least its that way on the lake I fish mostley. what do you think BNS you also fish this lake alot..

Not for fact, but I think, has to do with sunlight, once the ice gets off there not use to sunlight. They move into the shallows during late ice because of the warmer water, then move back out due to the sunlight. It all depends on the water temp and the lake, before they move back in. Certain lakes I have found them in the shallows at around 57 degrees. Some lakes it as been around 60 degrees before they move in. But remember, they are still close to there spawning area. Just have to work for them a little deeper.

noodle, robbo is spot on in my opinion. Keep working on the deeper parts of the break lines, and also cover the shallower water being there might be some that have came up already.

That makes total sense to me I agree 100% thats exactly what I was trying to say . what i was refering to was a couple guys saying there fishing that 10 to 30 yards or more of open water on a mostley ice covered lake , in my opinion is a wast of time unless your really anxious or bored . but thats just my opinion on the experiance ive had on sylvia.

you never know of these two lakes. There alot different from others, being the ice comes off way late, and makes ice way late, and is so deep in places as well. Just alot different.

got that right. There is so much to fish out there, you can flip docks all day, or hit points and turns all day. Its a great place to fish and live. I love it there and glad to have a cabin on the lake as well

Anyone catching any crappies yet? If I had my boat all ready I think I would be out there trying.

>>Anyone catching any crappies yet? If I had my boat all ready

>>I think I would be out there trying.

Ponds and real shallow lakes have crappie staging, thats pretty much it. The late and cold water temps are going to both challenge and reward us this spring, I believe.

i heard that Clearwater has been having alot of boat traffic, might want to hang out there for a day or so to find out.

Clearwater is cold. The winning boat in the tourney weighed in seven fish for a total of seven pounds...

Crappies are starting to move shallow on bigger lakes finally! Bring your panfish gear along on wally day! \:\)