• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

new kid on the block any help on clearwater lake fishing sat looking for some bass. where to go on the lake

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

Buffalo has minimal natural reproduction it is not absolutely no natural. Onther reason for catch and release is so that another person has the opportunity to catch a fish of a lifetime or even just a big fish of the year.

Took the all the words right out of my mouth, incl the natural repro, it happens out there, but not nearly enough to sustain a walleye fishery. Big fish make your day, little fish make your dinner. They are tastier than the big ones. smile

went to clearwater had very little luck anybody know what works out there for bass tough lake.

The last few weeks it has been an ultra-shallow bite in the reeds. I suspect they will be on the deep edges shortly though. Every time I go out there, I drive past many better lakes on the way. I hope to not go back out there again this year. smile

Went to Big Swan this morning. Trolled almost entire shoreline, only got 3 bass. Then the wind picked up enough for a good drift. Ending up gettin' six eyes in about an hour and a half 8 to 15 ft.

except for one tiny one they were all 16-18 in.

Was out out Pelican this weekend. I have never fished this lake in the summer, so I am far from an expert on it. There were lots of boats at the launch but did not see that many on the lake, so maybe I was in the wrong spot. We caught a few but the bite was pretty slow. 4 fish in 4 hours.

• 1 month later...

Okay i'll get this thread going again.

Went out last night with my dad, started trolling and that got nothing. then i switched over to a slip bobber and got one nice 22" walleye, she swam away just fine. from the sound from the other boats the fish were biting but i only saw one other walleye get boated.

OK,I'll throw in a tidbit as well........

I was out on Clearwater with the FM get together Sunday and brought my friend and his 8 yr old son. We spent the whole day out there trying different things and places. The weedline is typically at about 12-14 ft and so were the bass and northerns. We picked up some big sunfish on leeches and minnows trolling the weedline, and I landed the occasional crappie casting a small jig/twister combo. I also picked up northerns, bass, and rock bass casting a shad rap. No walleyes fell for our presentation but I observed others boat a couple using the same pattern that we were in. There was surprisingly little milfoil observed.

All told we had a great day and the lake looks to be in god shape as usual!

i was out there as well, and got everything on the outside weed line throwing jig worms and texas rigs. Bass that is, they were slow, but when you get into a school, work it slow and pick them up left and right. I hit a school that i cuaght 4 in 4 cast, so that was cool

• 2 weeks later...

Ventured out to Clearwater this morning and had decent luck on the eyes. Vertical jigging minnows right ON the bottom. Boated over 15 fish and missed at least as many. Light biters. Most were small 12-13", but managed to take home a nice meal of better fish. Bit from 5:30-10:00. So much for "wind from the east..." Every eye was full of lake-type shiners. Didn't have any crawlers with so can't comment on that bite. Wasn't fishin in bass territory so can't comment on that either. There was a bass tourney out there today, guy at landing figured about 30 boats. Didn't make much commotion must have been mostly on the West end.

Fished Twin this weekend for bass. Everything was on the outside weedlines in 15-25 fow. Caught most of them jig worming, and a few on drop shots. Everything was from 11-13 inches, one was over 15.

We launched at the Black Pool landing yesterday afternoon, north side of the dock. As I pulled the trailer out to park I noticed a lot of the trailers that were parked were sporting a lot of vegetation. I checked mine and it was also loaded with the green.

After I cleaned off the vegetation and walked down to my waiting partner and the boat, we had a laugh about all the weeds on the north side of the dock as it appeared someone took a weed whacker to the bull rushes. Obviously someone had gotten turned into the weeds and propelled themselves out of the predicament leaving one heck of a mess.

Oh yea, we caught sunny's, bass, bullheads and walleye's. Jiggin and bobbering with leeches and crawlers.

We went thru a half a pound of leeches and 2 containers of crawlers. There were some nice fish landed and a lot of small ones. All fish caught were released.

Me and my neighbor hit the Sauk River in Richmond and headed upstream for some channel cat action. Try to do that once a year for entertainment purposes. Got fishing about 6:45pm and immediately started getting bites. Little ones that kept stealing our chicken liver. Landed a couple 10 - 12 inchers and 1 at 2.5 pounds before the sunset . . and that is when the fun began. From 9 until 11, we had all we could handle until our liver ran out. Caught 20 - 30 fish with about half or better being 2 to 3.5 pounds. Nothing huge but what a blast to set the hook on one of these whiskered critters and here the drag squeal. Its a good time and anyone can do it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

My 4 year old was disappointed that daddy went fishing without him so I had to take him out on Sunday afternoon. He decided we should fish on Clearwater Lake or maybe Grass Lake. After launching at the Black Hole and idling out to the main lake, he saw far too many little sunnies to try and fish anywhere else. We started floating around the first break. He threw a jig with gulp angleworms under a bobber while I tossed a 1/16 jig with 2 inch mister twister. In a couple hours we landed too many sunfish to count with 6 of them being 8 inches or better (so they found the livewell) along with a rock bass and 7 crappies. Two of the crappies were 11 inchers one of which the boy landed so he told mama he caught the biggest fish of the day. Beautiful day to be out and the part I like best about Clearwater is the relative lack of pleasure craft (water skis, jet skis, etc.)

A buddy from Big Lake (back from seminary) and I went out to a local lake near Monticello to do some late summer bassin' - and the fishing was pretty good, up until about 1 pm, when everything seemed to shut down. A variety of tactics - the biggest fish off of the deep weedlines on powerbaits and senkos. The shallow bite looked SO promising, but just a few lazy swirls. Boy does that rage tail shad look great in the water - even if it didn't produce for me.

Here's one of the nicer fish - 18 inches, good fish - off a senko...

monte-bass.jpg

Nice fish MM I love it. How have you been? This is Chris D. from church and softball. I was shocked to see your picture up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Clearwater this morning with a new FM friend. Josh and I managed to boat a several eyes and bring a nice meal or two home. Rigged and jigged small sucker minnows. Mainly at the 13-15' weed edges. A couple bass also. Surprisingly no northerns today. Dang. Surface temp 67.7 A few sprinkles about 9 otherwise overcast, W-SW wind <10mph. Great morning. Thanks for coming with Josh. We'll do it again.

couldn't resist BNS I caught a few last night on Little Elk Lake and they were viscous just slamming my jig and minnow.

BNS when you live litterally a stones throw from the lake you can take advantage of it. but its not as easy as you think when you work in edina or minnetrista everyday 1 1/2-2hours on the road home but it pays the bills and sometimes I do get home early enough to wet a line.

elwood, i cant blame you there one bit. There is no reason that you shouldnt be out all the time.

I've been getting into some eyes on a few area lakes. I ended up getting my limit the last trip out. They were pounding my jig on the initial fall almost everytime. It was a blast. Can't wait for the weeks to come. Should be awesome!

jigginjim they are not huge but just eaters and the last few days nothing its like they dissapeared from my spot. I will be searching some other water soon.the crappies have been biting but they are very small. and a friend cught an 8lb toothy yesterday off a dock using a sucker minnow