• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

BNS havn't heard a report from you have you been out or what?????? or are ya hold'n out on us ??? LOL

If you read my post from before, i stated that i have not been out yet!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

No problem rockman, Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to mention that, I just thought people would read the signs at the lake. I have fished lakes with special in the past a have caught alot of fish, many times having to release them. But it sure is fun, when you can catch 200 fish in a day. Bass to walleyes, and every thing else that swims in those lakes.

Many just don't know what they are passing. Sure you can't some or as many as other lakes. But it could be some of the best fishing they could have in this part of the state.

had a blast yesterday with the big black crappies 11" to 13"ers and I mean black as coal. must have caught 50-60 of them , my boy and I kept 8 for a meal. oh yeah ! I forgot to mention what lake , my favorite one of course.

Hey Noodle, is that my favorite lake too? whistleHavent been around much between work and a trip up to leech for 4 days. See you around

I'm with you noddlerod,I usually say me and the kid. He says me and my old man I get a kick out of since I'm only 46. If I catch fish I'll tell you exactly where, when, and how ,I cant catch them all, and I'm not getting paid to catch them, so I'll help where I can.

Folks, keep the content of posts/replies on track with fishing reports,and other pertinent fishing information, and all will be well. smile

I agree with you Rockman, It seems the Crappies have moved into shore, on 1 of my favorite lakes. The Walleye would be far behind.

Gadgetman , why yes it is ! grinyou should go and try off the end of the dock I think you'll like what you might find !!!! whistle

The Walleye would be far behind.

confuseddid you mean The Walleye will not be far behind

The Title of thread is Fishing Reports- Which means: IF you go out and catch some fish or don't catch any fish. Tell us whats up. You can say where you went or not. Tell us what worked and what didn't work. Heres a example for you guys who don't know what a fishing report is:(In My Opinion Only)

Saturday 5/17- Headed to Clearwater to target some Crappies- Tried some beetle spins and mister twisters in the shallows.

High winds and high skies- located alot of small crappies in the shallows, but no slabs to be seen. Area's I tried was on Lake Augusta and Green Shed Bay on Clearwater.

Sunday 5/18 - Tried for some walleyes Sunday- Started out lindy rigging with a leech on a 4' snell, on a 15' hump coming from deep water- work the edges and top, finding no fish.

Switched to crankbait running the weedlines- ran at 10' and 8' seem to find more fish at 8'

Sorry to jump in Like this. But this thread was getting to be a joke. Read the title. You don't have to give up a hot spot here. Just give a report what's working for you and what is not working for you.

(I'm Far from a professional on this- Just what I would look for when looking for on a fishing report for the area).

But anys

Tight Lines to Everybody. And May the big Big one be at the End of the line.

Robbo

Today I had a little free time and decided to go out dispite the chance of getting wet. It paid off. Yes I got a little wet but I found enough active fish to keep things interesting. I had the most luck using plastics. I pulled out some of my favorite river baits and pitched 4" paddletails on 3/8oz firetiger oddball jigs just on the edges of points in 5-8ft. It was wierd - in one spot I caught 4 different species of fish which is unusual on the lake I was fishing.

The walleyes weren't anything to brag about - the biggest being 18" but all of them were over 14". I didn't feel like cleaning any so they all went back for another day.

Thats a good report and you didn't give up the lake you were fishing. But you gave up what worked for you-- Thanks

Folks, keep the content of posts/replies on track with fishing reports,and other pertinent fishing information, and all will be well. smile

Can't Stat it better myself. Lets please keep it to the topic, and have fun!!

I know this isn't the right thread but, just wanted to say that the fishing is excellent up on leech lake, I was up there this weekend to help the inlaws with the dock and got out for about 4 hrs and the bite was awesome!

thanks for the information, but please keep it to just this area.

Thanks

Noodle,

Not jealous... caught a few hundred in my life. But THROW BACK the 20" to 28" FISH!!! Thats what "Your boy" will appreciate in 20 years from now!! Keep the eaters and throw back the breeders!!If your looking to catch 6-7 lb walleyes... Go to mille lacs and you can catch 50 a day when there on fire next week, release them and everyone has a great outing!. Bring a camera with you and you don't need to bring them to the bait shop for pictures!! 26" and 27" are not trophies nor good eaters! The state should protect all fish statewide from 20"-28" this is why our lakes will be in trouble in the near future!!

crazyI'm glad your not jealous and I'm certianly happy for you for the few hundred caught in yer life . I totally agree with you that breeding size fish (24"-30") should be protected if not theres not gonna be any left . as far as mille lacs been there done that !! and if you read the threads from opening weekend you"ll see we also caught and released a 26" and a 27" walleye . the only reason I kept the big fish from opening night was my son entered them in a big fish contest which you had to bring the fish in to get weighed to win the pot of cash , which he did win and being 14 and his first opener he was very excited!!!! and yer right there not good eaters but I bet there gonna taste mighty good pickeled.. grinenough of my little rant I promise to stay on thread from now on

Fished Clearwater for league last night. Rattl'n raps in 8-10 FOW on the breaklines produced a good number of pike. Not much for size 20"-23". Charteuse colors worked the best. Was suprised throwing the raps we only had one bass hit it. Partner fished with the Rattl'n rap all night and did good. I tried all different types of colors and types of spinner baits with no pike hitting them. Spinners baits has always been my choice of baits for Pike on Clearwater. But when using them I usually pick up alot of Bass. Last night throwing spinner baits I got Zero Bass. No idea where there at right now.

Robbo

robbo , I've been getting oodels of bass lately on sylvia in 3 FOW or less while fishing for crappies , shallow on this lake for sure..

noodlerod -

How is the traffic out on Sylvia so far this year? Are the pannies still in shallow? I'm planning to take the kids out later this weekend, but just not sure yet where and for what.

Thanks.

Fished Buffalo for our league last night. I swear I wont ever fish that lake again.

10 boats and there were 9 fish total brought in. One pike and the rest were sunnies and crappies.

How a person cant luck out on a pike here or there is beyond me. Thats 3 years in a row we have fished that lake the second week of the season, and its been just terrible. I did not see a single weed in the lake in all the spots we fished. Prior to 3 years ago, we had excellent luck out there, and back then, there were definitive weed beds to target. I know there are fish in the lake, but what you have to do to find them or catch them is a mystery to me in that body of water.

I don't think this cool spring has helped much either. smirk

eyepatrol the traffic has been normal, full on the weekends and busy the last couple days of the week . mon,tue,wed are my favorite days out there, peacefull. yes the pannies are still shallow as of tue night so are the eyes!!! wed evening my buddie C&R a 28" and kept a couple 16"ers , all long linning cranks in 10' fow . the kids would have a blast with pannies in the shallow mud bays thats for sure !!! GOOD LUCK !!

BiglakeBass, I had a guy send me an E-mail telling me I was (A dumb ***, mad I don't s***, cause i said the fishing has been a bit slow. It seems he would rather Brag "i'm hammer the ____ out the fish on Buffalo." Myself, The real hot bite maybe yet to come.

It to bad, nobody caught a walleye out of your group. How late did you guys fish? The walleye are starting to bite after dark.

Noodle, You are correct in reading my writing. Don't let anyone tell you can't read between the lines. grin

Noodle, You are correct in reading my writing. Don't let anyone tell you can't read between the lines. grin

sorry jim I dont understand what you mean!! nevermind jim I figured it out , I must have had a brain fart . LOL !!!

I was out Friday AM on a local lake fished for walleyes with Lindy Rigs with inflated tail nightcrawlers. Caught 3 keepers a 14 inch 17 and 18 inchers. Pretty slow for 5 hours of work. Better however then my Buffalo and Clearwater excursions of late, which drew blanks. Did OK with Bass this AM with my Bassin buddy, He caught around 15 with a 4#8oz max I caught 8 with a 3#10 oz max. We could not fish the best water after 9 AM due to wind and a failed (speed selection pot crapped out) trolling motor. Not all the big females showed sign of bed making on their bottoms so I am not sure if spawning was complete or not. The were very shallow and pretty tight to shoreline. Emerging pads had only small bass in them.

Thanks noodlerod. I appreciate the help/information. Hopefully I can get my boy & girl out there this weekend, weather depending.

thats exactly where I caught the small bass last week fishing for crappies , in the emerging pads