• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

Forgot to post the report for tonight. Tonight I went out fishing with one of my buddies from school. We made it out to the lake by 3 and was fishing my 3:30. At 3:35 I had the first fish on. It was a 19" walleye that fought really good on by light set up. grin.gif He was caught on a small Green and White glow buckshot. After that we couldn't buy a bite. We were marking fish they were just in a very negative mood. The ice was very thick considering the time of the year. I measure 11" in all the holes I drilled.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

Hey kdawg,

I just realized something really cool. I sent you an email titled: learn somthing new everyday... check it out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

went out tonight to pulaski. caught nothing, in fact, i got no bites. but driving out there it looks like a mine field. once you get away from the structure it's fine though.

i was out on a lake that was just south of Monticello spearing, where i saw a few fish, but didnt spear anything. Water wasnt very clear, but it was still a great time on the hard water

We had a semi slow weekend. Started out Friday night on Buffalo- caught 3 crappies missed several others. Very light biting! On Saturday night my daughter and I hit Howard lake on the north west side in about 23 FOW- caught 6 nice crappies and several small ones. Today my 4 and 8 year old and I hit Waverly and we had steady action on perch. We fished near HWY 8 in about 10 FOW and we had steady action. The kids had a blast. We caught about 25 of which we kept 12 keepers.

I guess this was that of a weekend considering that we did not move at all once we were set up each day.

Nice to see you and the kids caught some fish on Waverly.I have been curious how the fishing has been on that lake.Think I will make a run over there in the near future.

we were out on big lake today spearing for the whole day. Ran into a few fish, but nothing crazy. There is a ton of houses out on Big lake. Water is very clear, with alot of panfish rolling around in the lake.

went out to pulaski tonight. caught two crappies, 9" and 10.5". first keepers in a long time.

went out tonight again to a different lake. came back with 4 crappies all 10+ inches. i caught the biggest one with a small sucker minnow on a tip up. wasn't a bad way to spend 2 hours.

anyone been out to francis at all this winter. I want to get out there soon, but not sure how the lake is going.

The few times I've been around Francis, there hasn't been the normal ammount of fish houses. I assume you'll still be able to find the fish, but not much size as normal.

Did well early in the ice season. Some nice 12" crappies in the mix as well. Have not been out there in 3-4 weeks now.

Originally Posted By: DOOM
Have not been out there in 3-4 weeks now.

3-4 weeks you must be crazy!!

Went out to Francis last night. 6 little hammerhandles, 2 17" bass, 5 small sunnies, and 4 decent crappies. Only kept the crappies, all between 9" and 11".

went out to pulaski. only one nice northern, but after i caught it my dad threw my hook in the hole so he wouldn't step on it, but the only problem was that the northern cut the line with his teeth so it wasn't connected to anything so i lost my good buckshot. but the bites were very light tonight.

Went out fishing last Monday. What an adventure. Cold, windy, and all else you could think of. Try going for some suspended crappies and it took 15 holes to find them but I eventually did. Thats all I saw of them. They didn't want anything. Only thing that got the to bite was holding the lure absolutely still. Even then they were tuff to trick into biting. I left that lake around three and headed over to a different and target fish that were shallower, after hating dealing with that deeper water. I ended up with pretty consistent action throughout the day with plenty of crappies and sunnies to keep myself occupied. I pulled up a couple larger crappies and a few keeper sunnies as well but the highlight of day is once it started slowing down as it got dark, the fish would only come up and sniff it. They wouldn't commit. But I finnally got one to go and I'm sure glad I stayed for this fish. It was a 14.5" crappie that weighed 2 pounds. It was absolutely awesome. I'll post a picture in a little while after I get home but it was awesome catching it. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Sounds exactly like us KDawg. We were out on Monday too near Kimbal and saw an ungodly amount of fish on the camera...largemouth, sunnies, crappies, pike, etc...

We got about 20 crappies between 6 guys but they were SOOOO picky. Had the camera right on 'em and they would come up, sniff and turn. Only way to invite a strike was to start raising up. Even then it was pretty hit and miss. Assuming this weather has got 'em being pretty picky. Even the little sunnies were ignoring waxies. Tried every lure possible. Fun to watch, frustrating not to catch. Gonna head to Buffalo tonight and brave the wind.

hey k dawg,

just wondering if you have been out to Granite at all. Hear somethings were rolling out there, so i wanta to check with ya. I know the season is winding down, but im sure if anyone knows its you since i swear you dont work.

Nope. I haven't been out there this year. Haven't heard anything through the grape vine either.

If you would've sworn a month ago you would have been right. My fishing time has been cut down considerably recently.