• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

was out with K dawg and we caught 2 walleyes some sunnies, rockbass, northerns even a couple of bullheads. he was out way before i was so he could add even more.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

Hit pulaski today from 1-4. Left early because of the rain. Got one walleye. 14" and a five bass. Caught on a snell w/3 yellow beads and minnow.

It was an interesting night. I got out again with my dad and neighbor and hit pulaski again. Started trolling around 6:45. I was the only one who got a fish. Everythign form northern to crappie. They were using a spinner and I was using a snell. Weird. Later, we moved to out evening spot and proceeded not to catch any walleye, but pulled 4 nice crappies out of 28 fow. They were just engulfing the bait. Was nice to catch some fish. I feel bad for my neighbor tho, he got skunked for the whole trip.

Went toinit with walleyeking 19. Slow night altogether. Three crappies and set the hook on a log of a fish that got off almost instantly.

I must be the only one fishing. Last three post are mine. Anyway, on with the report. Went to pulaski, as normal, and had a pleasant day on the water. Nice skies and few rec. boats out there made for one of the nicest days of the summer. Trolled the south end for a couple hours. Plenty of sunnies, two 11" crappies, and one small walleye. Later in the evening, moved to my other spot, caught six more nice sized crappies. They were still biting stong under the full moon. Great night to be on the water.

Anyone else got any reports?

I was out on a lake west of Buffalo and picked up a 4.5 and a 4.9 pound largemouth, as well as one just under 3 pounds, and some 1 pounders. The larger fish were in 15 feet of water, which is surprising since the surface water temp was 71-72. There are a few fish shallow now, but nothing big yet. smile.gif

Made it out tonight before heading up north for the weekend. Slower than yesterday. Caugth one 14" at three O'clock. confused.gif Then nothing but sunnies and bass. Later in the eve, caught three crappies, all nice sized. They seem to be on a feeding binge.

Good luck to all this coming weekend and keep safe.

Happy Fall.

Hit the lake a few days ago for a few hours before I had to go to a fantasy football meeting. It was very interesting, hit a few docks with no luck, flipped some wood with no luck, and then decided to go fish some reeds on the north side of the lake. When we first pulled up I had one on right away. We went down the shoreline some more and didn’t get a bit at all. We starting seeing a lot of the reeds moving ones we would get close. We slowed down and starting watching for the reeds to move. We ended up catching about 10 fish and good ones by just watching/waiting for the reeds to move. It was really fun to say the least, calling out when say the reeds move then catching a fish. I have never been sight fishing before but this has to be as close as it can get to sight fishing.

Just another reason why time on the water is very important for becoming a better anglers cool.gif

was out fishing last night with a friend. managed 15 crappies, all 10+ inches, and two fifteen inch walleyes. The crappies were all suspended at only 7ft in 30 ft of water.

I was out tonight before the monsoon rains and during. I'm still catching some good bass deep. I managed three over four pounds, and two in the 3 1/2 pound range. I think the deep bite is going to be gone next week. laugh.gif

Been using smaller fatheads for crappies and the bigger the better for walleyes. You been out lately?

Heard somebody caught a 45" Northern today, during the Northern Tournament on Clearwater Lake. That would be a awesome catch during a tournament if its true.

I fished Buffalo lake from my boat, been 2 months since the last time. Started at 10:00am, I only fished for an hour, but did pick-up a 3lb smallie.

Then went to Pulaski caught 2 walleyes 17 & 21" along with several sunfish (a couple 8" long) ang a crappie. The pannies were great on the grill.

i was out yesterday with a friend, saw Kdawg. we caught just about everything but a walleye. i caught one 12" crappie but i let it go because i wasn't in the mood to clean it. we left early because my friend got cold. frown.gif

Hey, K-Dog,And JigginJim. What boats are you guys in? I seem to be on the same lakes at the same time, and nobody seems familiar. I am in a green crestliner sportfish. I would like to meet you guys sometime. Share stories and all that.

I am in a blue and white and tan, full windshield Starcraft. I think JIm is in a Ranger, black, and a tiller. His boat has Jiggin Jims guide service on the side.

what part of the lake do you fish. I am generaly over on the west side.

Yep, west to north sides. Lately around the points east of the park. I think I have seen your boat, not sure bout Jim's though. She is a tough lake. Some years nothing. This year has been really good though. Nothing really big though. Have you seen that guy with the big block jet boat? What a peice of work that guy is. Maybe I will see you there sometime..

Is he the one always spraying water into the air. If so, that is a nice boat. I'll keep an eye out for you to. I've only seen Jim a couple times. He fishes a lot of other lakes for his guiding service tho.

Yah, he has quite the rooster off the back. My sportfish is full walkthru, green-tan-and gold. I usaully fish at night. Just recently started fishing during the day. No matter how many times I get skunked on that lake I keep comming back to it. See ya there..

New PR for pulaski baby, YEAH. Went out tonight around 5:30 and stayed out till 8:15. Hit up the south east side because of the wind and onle got sunnies and northerns. The wind calmed down aroun 7:15 and made my way to another spot. Started trolling and pulled out a healthy 22" walleye. I must say I was excited as I had just gotten my PR for pulaski. That was around 8:00. Continued trolling and the wind picked up and made it hard to feel bites again. I think I had about three more in the next 20 mins but couldn't get any in the boat. Not a bad night to be on the water.

K Dawg

I'm still catching bass adjacent to deep water, with a few moving shallow now. Water temps are around 67-68 on most lakes.

I'm tired so short post. Made it out to my lake again. Two walleyes, a 16 and a 23. Got teh 23 on a leech and the 16 on a minnow. Both bobber fishing.

Anyone else out there tonight from FM. There were a ton of boats and no one said hi. frown.gifgrin.gif

Temp was 66-67

Jigginjim, have you made it out recently.

Are you talking about Pulaski? I was out last night, what was up with all the people out there? I counted 10 boats all huddled around each other at one point. Someone must have realed in a rockie and landed it in a net - or thrown a bouy. I snagged a few largies thats about it.

Yea, I started that mess. It had baisically been my spot for several trips. I used to be the only one out there. Then I anchored up, a couple boats moved in. I caught the 16 and a few more boats moved in. Then I caught the 23 adn the whole lake was on top of me. A little funny in a way that noone but basically me was catching anything. There was a group of three that got one but a ratio of 1-3 when my was 2-1 is kinda unfair. grin.gif

was out on pulaski tonight and saw Kdawg. caught one of everything except a crappie. finished with one 17" walleye. also caught my first rockbass in about 2 months, boy they must be close to spawning because he had a big belly. tonight was my third time in a row i brought a walleye home.