• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• kgpcr4

• Nate McVey

• Surface Tension

Gander had a few nets as did Menards. I broke mine tonight so Ill be looking for one tomorow. Marine General may have a few but call 1st.

Tonight was still slow but a few were taken. I got 6 all night.

May happen on the weekend for once who knows. Park Point was dead tonight as was Chester creek.

Well out of 4 of us we got a gallon out of the lester,just alot of 1-2's but hey thier starting to show there faces!!! grin.gif

Marine General had 20 wooden handled Cumings smelt nets yesterday, 8 at 9:00am today, and 7 at 9:10 after my wife bought a new one for me! Despite all my shortcomings, now I am convinced that she actually does love me.

where on the leter were you getting into the suckers? also, how long does the smelt run usualy last? Im on my way to the lester now to get a few suckers for the smoker. yipi, Ive been waiting to do this for a while. I just got to go to class first.

There was no suckers in the Lester that we saw. The smelt could go for a few days or a week ya never know. Im going with just a few days like the past few years.

Park Point may get going after the water warms and you can usually seign down there for a week or so.

NORTHLANDER, I was wondering if you think the smelt are gonna run tomorrow nite or friday and is it worth coming down to the rivers .

if you want suckers, there are many places where you will get many more than you will on the lester. I would try the inlets of island, rice, and fish lake. Sorry for taking this thread OT.

The smelt are running right now........it could be tonight, tomorrow or Saturday.....you just have to be there or watch this thread for info. If Northlander posts tonight that they filled up a bucket in an hour, they should still be in there tomorrow. It's kind of a waiting game......a fun waiting game with beverages and friends. It is certainly worth going down there just for that fact

i asked the same in an email to Norhtlander. He is going to check it out again tonight and that will tell me when i go up. I will me up thursday or friday myself. has anyone been out to the point? How much of it is ice free? the tower cam is not working today so i cant tell. its been a few days since it showed the lake.

Hey guys, whats a good time to show up? Right after the sun goes down, say 8:30-9ish or later??

I've always started right after dark. It is hard to say what time they are going to run though. I would usually hit them between 11 and 1am.

11:00-1:00 am is usually a safe bet. The earlier you are there, the better your choice of river. See you down there!

We doing it again tonight? I will be rolling by at 'bout 9-10pm after work. Shiner, bring your extra dip if you would.

cheffry, northlander and gang. I gotta work again tongiht, and will have my truck at work. Steve, if you are in soup town tongiht, and wanna use my net it will be in the back of my truck (with plenty of storage containers if you want to use them also).... Just let me know. I'll be at work at 10pm....else, between 6pm adn 10pm my truck will be sitting in the police dept parking lot.

I can see it now I go to get Woodies net and bins and get arrested for stealing in the police lot. blush.gif

I will be down at the Lester about 9pm or so. It isnt a "run" yet but could start tonight.

If I were to bet on coming down I would do so tomorrow and Friday night. Then I think we will pull the point. It should start up in the next day or so too.

Thanks too everyone who makes this dull between fishing seasons so much fun. See ya all on the river. Ill be the one with 8 5 gallon pails full of smelt and pouring them into the bed of my truck to go back for more. wink.gif

well guys finaaly it sounds like it might happen, I'll keep checking the postings, I might be up friday or saturday evening it all depends on the smelt. Oh and thanks for the up dates.

Northlander

How iced up is the point? the Duluth webcams are down so i cant check there.

Hey Cheffry, I e-mailed you about working over at Trappers. Did ja get it?

The point is seignable from the bridge down to or past the Tot Lot a ways. Still really cold water but they could run any night down there. We will be checking it out after the Lester.

I'm new to the group and appreciate all the smelt info. I have a rental property on park point and have been up there the last couple days waiting for the run...unfortunately park point is full of ice again as of this afternoon from the lift bridge down! Unless we get a good wind change it's not looking good. I headed home and have better hopes for the weekend (if we are lucky)

Let me be the first to say welcome copman!!! There should be plenty of action near where you live. Hopefully the ice moves out soon!

I have heard of people smelting on the bayside in years past. Has anyone tried that lately?

NL and Cheffery, I'm passing on tonight, but you are welcome to my dip nets.....I live just across from Marine General......

Passing on tonight? Are you crazy? You know were going to hit em big time now right? tongue.gif

No worries Nate we will keep ya posted. If we really start pounding them Ill call ya. Even if its 2am right Cheffrey?

Thanks NL, I'll be there tomorrow night, got some buddys that want to come with............if you start hitting em big and need some reenforcements, give me a call.......even at 2 am!