• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tullibee Stocking

JBMasterAngler

Quote:

I get a kick out of our DNR jamming fish into waters that have no business supporting what they are introducing. In my opinion, it is hypocritical to what they preach about transfer of live fish. It is just bad science. These so called "biologists" have proven time and time again that they are little more than complete (Contact Us Please). Look at some of the bugs they have brought in to conrol other bugs (asian lady beetles to control aphids, as one example), fish to bolster or augment catches (common carp-yes, our early fish and game folks intentionally put these dam things in our waters), continuosly putting walleye and other fish into waters where they have no natural way to reproduce and then imposing restrictions on these fish to supposedly allow them to reach breeding size when there is no chance in hell there would ever be any success. And then there is the business of drawdowns (Carlos Avery, to site an example) in order to eliminate carp and other non-desirable species. I can tell you that all they do is kill off the good fish when they do this; the carp survive and thrive, while the weeds that ducks chew on never grow (and probably never will). Lord know, these idgets will put whatever they want into a lake just to see what happens. It has already occured in Elmo; they are filling it up with salmonids. They have done it to Grindstone (if you do some digging, they have complained that the rainbow smelt were introduced illegally. Go figure-the DNR put just about everything else that swims into there except smelt.) I wouldn't get too fired up about the DNR putting Ciscoe into a lake as being a good thing. If they ain't there in the first place, there is a good reason in nature why they aren't there in the first place. These a holes need to spend OUR money in a better way
mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Please tell us how you really feel!?!

I am a native of Indiana, you sir don't know how good you have it in MN. For 6 years now I have got to fish and live in the state that people come from all over the country to fish and experience. As a kid I watch and read the In Fisherman media and dreamed of fishing and have the opportunities that you have here. I made that a reality and have been amazed of the management practices and DNR involvement that I have experienced.

Management in Indiana was checking you for fish possesion and if you had a license.

How many failed attempts with Musky stocking can you please refer me too. Let me guess they are decimating the fish populations.

Let me repeat MN is an amazing place to fish, I can only see it getting better.

Thank you lots of luck,

I agree, and I know the dnr field staff works exceptionally hard out in the field for little financial reward. I was an intern for them, and pulling seines or electroshocking isn't as glamorous as most might imagine.

I'm tired of the complainers here. Someone call the WAAAAMBULANCE!! Lets keep it fun and be appreciative of the great resources we are so fortunate to have.

Geez. Look at what the little tullibee has done to us. It has turned us against each other. It's amazing what the impact of 1 little fish can do.

Not only the DNR should be commended in this state, but also a great majority of the anglers or specifically, the sportsmen.

Mention slot limit to someone in IN and they would think you're talking about State Gambling Rules at the gaming boats in Gary on Lake Michigan.

I believe muskie stocking has been such a success and the sport is growing at a rate that the DNR is currently evaluating more lakes to stock, also raising the minimum size limit to 48" on many lakes, and having a season that closes early Dec.

I also understand there will always be room for improvement, but bashing the DNR is not the answer. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it probably flounders, no pun intended. I would imagine a lot of what they do is exploratory, even ground breaking. Research Muskie management practices of WI and MN over the last 30 years and see what you find. MN made some really decisions or got really lucky with management.

What's a tullibee? wink.gif j/k

Sorry for the mini rant. I will go away now.

Muskie expansion is still pretty controversial in MN. One only has to mention gull lake in brainerd to ruffle some feathers. Overall the muskie program is a total success though. I don't fish for muskies, I've only caught small ones accidentally, but they sure are fun to land on light bass gear.