• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
The Cranker

Invite to first ever FM get together this year at Appeldoorn's

harvey lee

Thats fine and we will see if we can fill it up.

ndsufootball

Cranker,

I know it'll be a fun time seeing if i can't swing coming up during the week, less fishing pressure, should be a good time! I'll let you know soon

Big Dave2

This sounds like fun. If I go I would probably bring my wheel house.

harvey lee

Fun it will be/ Looks to be a fairly nice crowd lining up for this.

bottomdweller

If I can talk one of my friends into taking off, Ill try and be there. Hate going solo. confused.gif oh what to do

Powerstroke

Like I was saying before, I will know tomorrow if I can switch a shift at work. If all is well I will have reservations at Appeldoorns by noon!! If that happens I will let you know how many beds I have open.

ndsufootball

Cranker,

It's looking like i will only be able to come up on Thursday, will that be acceptable or do you have to stay both days? i have my perm. out of your resort so accomodations wouldn't be a problem.

Big Dave2

I'm pretty sure I will be heading up to this. I may be solo in my 12 foot wheel house so if anyone who isn't an axe murderer wants to ride up with me let me know. Someone could stay in my house with me(again, only if you are not an axe murderer)if you had a cot to sleep on.

I may not be able to leave until wed. night. It's kind of up in the air still.

Dave

Borch

I've gotta work those days and can't get off. However, I do work in Milaca so I make be able to work in an afternoon trip to at least BS a bit and do some fishing.

binsfeldnick

I have just booked a cabin today #5. Should be a great couple of days fishing and meeting some new people. my dad and I will be heading up either tuesday or wednesday morning. Haven't really fished that side of the lake at all. Any ideas or general tips would be appreciated. Also gonna check the area out on my H20 with the lakemaster chip. We are just gonna bring up our wheelers and the portables so that we can jump around and try to find some fish away from the crowds. Don't like setting up next to a big group of people. Too much comotion, not as relaxing. We've got a red honda with a black one man shack and a green arctic cat with an orange and blue one man flipover. If you see us out there swing in and say hello. See you all soon.

The Cranker

Look forwrd to your call NDSU!

1dawg

What is a FM get together? And where is Appeldoorn's

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

The fm get together is for anyone that is on this website. Appledorns is on the south east side of the lake just north of isle. On highway 47

harvey lee

A FM get together is a day or two of fishing with Fishing Minnesota members and thier friends or anyone else that would like to partake. This event will be starting Wednesday the 7th of Feb and Thursday and also Friday. We will be meeting at Appledoorns and going out fishing from there. You may bring your own house or rent one from the resort or rent a cabin and fish out of your own house. There will be some door prizes and a prize for the biggest walleye. For a extra $20, you will also get a hat made for this event and a fish fry for supper.

If you would like you may also come for a day or whatever you would like. All are welcome for a fun couple of days together fishing and making new friends. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Appledoorns is located on the east side of the lake and you can find directions on thier web page along with rental info. Thier ad is at the top of this page.

We look forward to seeing you there.

harvey lee

Back to the top so everyone sees this and doesnt miss this great fishing get together.

Paul Waldowski

Looks like my schedule will allow me to make this event, however I will only be able to be there on Thursday.

My permanent is currently located not that far from the resort and I will be up there on Monday and Tuesday scouting out spots that we can get people on fish. I will be at Appledoorn's bright and early on Thursday ready to assist The Cranker in whatever capacity he needs help with. smile.gif

The Cranker

Paul,

I am so glad that you are going to be here on Thursday the 8th. Give me a call later this weekend about the event.

Fish On!!!

Big Dave2

Cranker, I have a quick question for you if you don't mind.

I am thinking of coming up on wed night myself and staying till sunday in my wheel house. I will go and get my 6 yr old son on fri(and shower!) but will be back fri night so I will leave my house. How much will it cost me per night? or is there a weekend pass or something I can buy?

I'm just wondering what to expect is all.

Thanks for everything, this sounds like fun.

Dave

hip_hop_fisherman

we will be at Ball Club Lake the 5th through the 7th but would be willing to head up later in the day on the 7th when we get back. would bring the wheel house and stay through friday. sounds like it should be a good time.

frogtosser

I will be up there whichever day I dont work. I will only be up for one day so I will have my portable with a wheeler if needed. Are peoplegoing to be running to different areas or staying together? Just wondering if I need to bring the wheeler. What time are people getting there on wednesday.

The Cranker

Bring your wheeler and portable.

Fish On!!!

The Cranker

Hi everyone!

Its getting closer to the 7th and 8th of February.

I need to order hats for everyone and would like to get a head count. Please contact me for further details. It going to be a great time and you should be there! smile.gif

$20.00 covers the hat that will be embroidered with Appeldoorn's First Annual on the front and HotSpotOutdoors on the side and FishingMinnesota.com on the back of the hat, and our fish catch dinner with salad bar at George Nitti's Hunters Point. Like I said; its going to be a great time! You gotta be there!

Hope to hear from you this week! [email protected] or 651-285-8070

Fish On!!!

harvey lee

Guys, make your plans as this event looks to be one of the better ones of this season. smile.gif Its going to be well attended and should be a wonderfull few days. Good chance to meet some new FMers.

Big Dave2

I am planning on coming up for this but I will be coming alone. Any other losers like me that will be by themselves?

Paul Waldowski

Big Dave,

We're not losers, we're fishing partner challenged laugh.gif

Powerstroke

I made my reservations with Jim on friday night. I've got one of the 8hole deluxes. I can't wait!

Big Dave, keep an eye out for people with extra room. I may be one of those people. I have to firm up committments from a couple people, but if I've still got room I'll post it.

If you're wondering about making this one give Jim a call. He told me there are 6 or 7 shacks left for this event. There's plenty of time left, but at the rate Appeldoorn's business is booming, the rooms may not last long.

CFRay

I'd like to attend but like Paul said I'm fishing partner challenged. My old pals turned to golf, no fishermen left in the group. I'd like to share a house for this event. I can be there on Wed., may have to scoot on Thurs. PM. I see that you earlier asked for no axe murderers. I qualify thus far. email [email protected]

ndsufootball

Cranker,

Do you have a deadline on when you want to know a for sure head count. I'm having a little trouble getting off of work for the event, but i have my perm. out of your resort. Does that make a difference? Let me know and i will try to let you know as soon as possible.

harvey lee

I just received a beautiful eye rod from Scotty's Custom Rods for a prize. If you have a minute , please thank him by e-mail. He is the new sponsor on the Equipment forum.

www.scottyscustomrods.com

Big Dave2

Quote:

I'd like to attend but like Paul said I'm fishing partner challenged. My old pals turned to golf, no fishermen left in the group. I'd like to share a house for this event. I can be there on Wed., may have to scoot on Thurs. PM. I see that you earlier asked for no axe murderers. I qualify thus far. email

I would be willing to put you up if you like. My wheel house is not the fanciest on the block but it gets the job done.

I probably won't be there untill wed evening sometime.

Dave