• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester (UPLR) - Ice

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyler Holm

• Crickschop04

• Dan Thiem

• smg04

CrazyIce, RugbyGuy and I hitup Willow Creek for a few hours this evening for a little prefishing. We found a few fish, but did quite a bit of moving around looking for aggressive fish and checking ice conditions. We had the best luck on waxies in 8-14 FOW using small ice jigs. We managed some gills over 7” and crappies over 8” but the action was not fast, nor furious.

If you draw an imaginary line from the point to the water outlet / aerator and don’t cross it, you should be on 5-7” of decent ice. We found unsafe ice West of the aerator as well as North of the point. There’s still a huge pocket of open water out there as well.

For the UPLR event on Thurs, I'm going to ask that nobody cross this imaginary line (noted in red in the image below). Please stay to the right/East of this line at all times. Open water is indicated in blue.

willow.jpg

The UPLR tourney for this Thursday (Dec 28th) is a GO! Please see the post above for ice conditions and boundaries.

Also, please checkout the website (especially the rules) as it has been updated several times over the past few weeks.

UPLR Tourney Rules

So all you have to do is show up and register, is everyone taken...or is this only for certain people...sounds like alot of fun and great idea.....

Brent,

First off, Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com. Great to have another in the Rochester forums. Yep, just show up and register sometime before 5:30 and your good to go. Shoot me an email as well and check the link above for more rules and details. The Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester (UPLR) is open to any adn everbody. Hope to see you on the ice.

Tyler- I'm going to hold off on e-mailing you names, because I've had a couple cancel today, but those of us who will be there will just register at 5:30

Nick that will be fine. See you at registration around 5:20.

To Everybody:

I'll wait around the public access till about 5:31, then I'm off to go fishin. If you show up late, please find me prior to fishing as you must register or you won't be eligible. I'll be in a green otter 2 man shack. If you know you’re going to be late, shoot me an email or call my cell phone.

Registration will be quick and painless. I’ll just jot your name down on our form, and collect your entry fee of $10.

I just picked up Top Notch Scales as a UPLR sponsor, and they are sending us a nifty digital scale which is accurate to .002lb. That’s going to be the clear ticket. Please bear with me as the scale for this first event only reads pounds & ounces. There’s a good likelihood of a tie and the tiebreaker rules will apply if that’s the case.

Good Luck everybody… See you soon!

so how'd everything go last nite? i was planning on swinging by and saying hi, but i'm pretty burned out from work this week and just couldn't find the ambition to get off the couch smirk.gif

If anyone picked up a 8" laser Auger last night @ Willow please let me know. I think it fell of my sled while walking from the access up the hill to my car. frown.gif Reward offered!

Brian

358-8351.

Congrats to all! Good job Tyler putting this all together. I sure hope to make it to some of these soon. Maybe the mystery lake event. wink.gif

Dang looks like you guys had a decent turn out. I really hope I will be able to make it to a few of these. This is a great idea Tyler, Good Job for getting something like this going around here!! smile.gif

Tyler,

Thanks for all the work you put in to put this together, tough bite and all everyone had a good time. smile.gif

R Dawg

Tyler- Thanks for all the effort in getting this put together. I had a great time and will be pushing a little harder next time for that one more fish.

Although we’re facing unfavorable ice conditions, I’m still working on expanding the UPLR. I’ve created a flyer that will be pinned up at a few locations around Rochester. Feel free to print it out and hang it in the Rochester community.

06 / 07 UPLR Ice Flyer

I'm thinking about postponing our next UPLR (Jan 4 – Mystery Lake) event to Monday, Jan 15th. What do you think?

It looks like it might start making decent ice again next week. Lets hope so.

I think the 15th sounds much better. I probably won't be brave enough to go on the ice around here until at least then.

I'd go tomorrow if somone has a john boat and a couple push poles.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Think that's the only way I'm touching ice for at least a week. You will probably have a better turnout if you delay and conditions improve. Maybe you can get Dan to come out and drill holes since he likes the thin stuff (see Foster Report post). I could just cast from shore into them.

-Penguin

The 2nd UPLR event has been postponed until 1/15/06, Monday.

More information can be found on the www.tylerholmoutdoors.com/uplr/ website.

It looks like we will start making better ice next week.

I'm working on something pretty neat for this Mystery Lake location. We'll see what happens.

Tyler- I'm for sure in on the 15th. Have you considered having an event at the backwaters? Possibly meet at say Pontoon or Wilcox? This would allow folks to get pretty spread out and allow folks to work as hard as they want to.

Nick,

Glad you can make it on the 15th. I'd like to keep the UPLR events within 15-20 minutes from Rochester. For now, the Lake Zumbro is about as far as I'd like to extend the event locations.

does anybody know if RCTC is having classes on the 15th? being martin l. king day if there are no classes than i will be able to attend

Awesome Shawn! Glad you can make it.

The UPLR event will be a go for next Monday the 15th. It will be held at a public reservoir in the Rochester area with sufficient ice. There’s only a couple to choose from, but my main concern is safety at this point.

I should have my stuff in the car to head out to this "Mystery Lake" on Monday unless something unforseen happens. Any chance on taking $5 out of the prize pool and supplying a scoop of minnows and some coffee cups to take a few? Waxies and maggots are fine for storage in the car all day at work, but I'd prefer not to have a bucket-o-minnows sitting around.

Just looking for someone to have minnows, and be willing to part with a few. HOF is a little out of my way to quick run out and get a scoop.

Later

Penguin