• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I went to Fosters yesterday. 8 inches of ice where I fished on the south end. There were shacks pretty much all over the lake though. Still a little open water at the beach area. I caught 2 - 14 inch rainbows and some small sunfish in 2 hours of fishing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyler Holm

• crazyice

• Dan Thiem

• Rebeleye

Alex and I rode our wheeler from the public ramp at Ponderosa up to a couple different areas on Lake Zumbro. We found most of the ice to be in OK shape at around 8+ inches. With the exception of a few areas. One being Rattlesnake. I'd say less than four inches or so. And at the end of the highbanks near Rousch's Bay it's thin up there too.

Today there were a dozen shacks over the sunken barn area, one shack on Rattlesnake, and around 15-20 along the highbanks. Snowmachines and wheeler traffic only.

Also there are two wet spots that to me resemble the gap I saw out there on Christmas Day. They run from Neitz's point straight across to the highbanks. The snow is wet and slushy near them.

thanx dan thinking im heading out there tommorow morning. still trying to line up a trailer for a wheeler confused.gif but illl find one. Are you gonna be fishing at all tommorow

Chester had 8" of ice near the end of the boat ramp finger. There were a few spots on the walk out there that were slushy, but it was just water on top of the ice (the weight of the snow pushed some water up the holes)

• 2 weeks later...

Pontoon Slough in the backwaters had about 14"

The north CC Manor Pit had 10-12"

Has anyone noticed anybody fishing the South manor pit??

tried to get out a couple weekends ago but ended up with the Flu!!!

There were prob 10-15 areas where a shack had been setup on the entire south pit (according to snow disturbances).

lots of full size trucks out there, lots of perms. I measured 15" on highbanks and 13.5 on rattlesnake on friday.

Lake pepin near Trailer Park point had 14"-15" with vehicle traffic. Fountain Lake in Albert Lee had about 12"

• 4 weeks later...

As we move into the late ice season, let’s try to keep this thread up to date with the current ice conditions.

As of now, the local reservoirs are still holding 12+” of ice in most places. I’ve heard the ice on the Zumbro is starting to leave us in a hurry, but I don’t have any up-to-date reports. I’d say we don’t have much time left on the South end (near Fisherman’s) on the Zumbro.

Foster has a solid 12" in most places. But around the edge it is opening up and there are two spots on the northern side that have open water. And be careful for all the open hole that are slushed over and impossible to see. I saw a couple legs gets wet yesterday.

3/15/07 - Foster Arends had lots of water around the shorelines. There are open pockets on the North end where the springs are. The ice maxed out at 11" but we are only looking at 8" of good clear ice. The rest is slush.

The best place to access is on the public dock on the SE corner. You can walk out on the dock and then step down to the ice. Float your shack if you need to.

A guy really needs to be careful out there. There's lots of places/ice that looks really bad. I saw one trooper drop a leg through and that didn't look fun.

Anybody have any ice updates. This thread is nearing the end of it's life. The only thing I've heard is that the ice is pretty much unsafe in most areas on most bodies of water.

i buzzed the foster parking lot this morning, the north half of the lake is wide open the SW corner looked to be skimmed over yet, there were a few people casting from shore

Willow Creek is about 90% open. There are some ice chunks on the down wind side yet. I'd say by this evening you won't see any ice out there.

I drove out to Chester today, that is wide open!! Same with Foster Arends. Looks like a guy can get some early crappie fishing in now!! grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Looking out my office window I'm confused if we need to get this thread going again. crazy.gif Oh well, at least they are predicting 50's by Monday.

Andy