• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Troy Williamson

Bobby Bass

Troy Williamsom is NOT an NFL wide receiver I am a big supporter of Viking football and of Brad Johnson and yes Brad stopped three drives today with his fumbles and interception but how many drives did Troy Williamson stop? Let this kid go. Buy out his contract, wave him let him get on with a job in the fast food industry. Anything where he does not have to catch something. Terrible, terrible.. Let anyone else be a wide out, just the threat of speed is not enough. Even the ball he caught for 4 yards bounced off the turf. He is not the reason the Vikes lost today but he sure did help. If the Viking coaching staff wants to let the team and the fans know they want to win then field a team. My labs catch more footballs then Troy does and they don't have any hands either!!

With his speed, would he maybe be a decent corner back? I don't think he will ever be a WR.

Arguably the worst 1st Round Draft Pick in Vikings history.

I doubt we would have scored anyway..... frown.gif

C'mon Pier He is better than Demetrius Underwood???

Remember this guy, he liked dissapeared, nobody could find him

For once I'll agree with NAPA. Underwood ranks right up there with all time first round flop choices like Ryan Leaf... I'm talking NFL all around bad choices and he's right up there.

Oh and yes, Williamson still stinks!

He really needs contacts or something... something is just plain wrong with him! he has dropped more perfectly thrown balls this year than Lobster boy Ismail ever did... and Lobster boy was BAD!!

I read in the paper that he had his eyes checked and that everything was ok--wow! I don't think that other teams even cover him anymore!

Who knows. Facts show that hese going to have to pick it up or he wont be doing much the rest of the year. Pretty Sad

Quote:

C'mon Pier He is better than Demetrius Underwood???

Remember this guy, he liked dissapeared, nobody could find him

Big difference Willy no-Hands was picked 8th over all highest WR picked in Viking History and received big money, Underwood was selected 29th and received minimal Green backs......

so I guess if you think 29th overall is a first round pick I stand corrected.

I don't understand why they don't bring Carter off the practice squad and at least give him a shot. He had a pretty decent camp and seemed to be a playmaker. I guess Williamsons money/contract is the reason he's still out there. It's embarrassing.

Ya its a joke. They need to make a change somewhere along the line here. It is still early, but this next week is going to make alot of difference.

Your right about Carter they should get him in there. He must have really P.O. some coaches to not be playing if this stiff Williamson is playing. I keep waiting to see a ball passed to Williamson that just sticks in his face mask for a completion.

Williamson is single handidly responsible for half my swearing during a vikings game! I agree speed is a great weapon, but if you can't catch the ball???? I don't understand it...You would think the coaching staff see's the same thing we do?

I like the term "Gazelle"...Fast as a Gazelle and hands like hooves... grin.gif Perfect!!!!! grin.gif

put him on the ball machine all day everyday...send him to cris carters catching camp in florida with the high schoolers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if any luck the vikings can manage a decent draft pick and pick up some of the Stud wide recievers entering the draft, but the will probably screw up the draft like they do every year. Remember the time Tice let the clock expire on their 1st round pick.

I was at the game yesterday and from what I saw he was pretty much written out of the offense. He had another one of his classic go-between-the-hands and I think that was the last and only time he was thrown to. I could be wrong with these stats, but you could tell that he was not a big part of any Viking plans.

DD

I'm pretty sure they only went his way once, and it went right through his hands like usual. It would be interesting to see some stats on how many drops he has this year vs. how many he's actually caught.

He leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes. Basically one a game. You can't really blame him, the knock on him out of college was that he didn't have good hands. This is all on the scouting department, or whoever it was that made the decision to draft him.

How can your hands be that bad? Think of how many balls he has caught in his lifetime.

Kinda makes me laugh at the people who used to say Culpepper should be TE. He can't hold onto the ball when it is already in his hands smile.gif

Knowing the Vikings luck with the draft they will probably take the receiver from Notre Dame with their first pick and then he'll decide to pursue his career in baseball instead. I can see it comming.

We need that reciever from Georgia Tech, Johnson. He reminds me a lot of Terrel Owens with out the mental problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this thread has been quiet for 3 weeks.

Did anyone change their mind on Williamson? I was bashing him a couple weeks ago too.

He looked not great but by far his best game I think. There were no obvious drops, and a couple misses were due to darn good defense, especially the miss in the end zone.

Maybe a few games on the sidelines cleared his head. I hope he can work out as billed. Hey, maybe even next year him and Jackson can be the second coming of Daunte & Randy. You never know.

DD