• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Art Barbarians

2006 Waterfowl Photo Contest

SD_waterfowler

Corey, don't make me bring up the gosling story...I'm pretty sure I can get that video from Derek...and post it. wink.gif

Sartell Angler

Here are a few late entries. These pictures from November mark the last hunt we had the privilege of sharing with our golden, Hunter. We were forced to put him to sleep on Jan. 3rd of this year after his health grew worse and worse. The pictures were taken with a cheap 35mm camera I always keep in my blind bag but I think this closeup of him watching for birds through the grass is one of the best we have of him. It was truly a hunt remember.

scan0005.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

The_Duckslayer

Sartel, sorry to heat about Hunter. I know that feeling all to well! Had to put my lab down last year as well. Many great memories of her though! I miss her when I am out hunting, she never talked much but she sure was a good listener! And as far as I know never divulged any secrets! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

winniewalleye777

Hunter was a great dog and he will be greatly missed amongst all who had the pleasure to meet him frown.gif especially those who took in a baseball game with him! Take care, and great photos. WW

Art Barbarians

A little help checking to make sure I have the correct names with photos. Click Here (2006 Waterfowl Hunting Photo Contest) to see all entries in 3 judged categories. You will be able to view 9 at a time and to view the larger image, please click the image. Please post any things you see need correcting. The judges will have their work cut out for them, good job guys and gals.

The Art Barbarians

wyldewal

You added an extra "a" in mine. It's wyldewal Not wayldewal. grin.gif

Tom Wilson

I don't get it, and have a question. Where and how do we vote? I thought this was just a freindly competition between FM members, but I don't see any links on how we get to vote on them. Did I miss something? Lastly, if it is something where other people are voting on it, when does that happen?

Just curious,

Tom W

Smeds

Here's some pics from last year's season.

[image]DSC_0032.jpg[/image]

[image]DSC_0025.jpg[/image]

DSC_0029.jpg

[image]DSC_0091.jpg[/image]

Caesarfishinguytoo

Nitroant - nice geese!! I think I know where you got those geese!! That appears to be my father-in-laws land. How do you know him??

That can be a phenominal spot at times and looks like you did rather well yourself!!

greenheadhunter32

This was fun

DuckOpener2006054.jpg

DuckOpener2006061.jpg

-Cattail Crew

buzzsaw

We probably need to start a 2007 Waterfowl Photo Contest. Any thing ever come of this one?

dukhnt

Buzzsaw,

I emailed Art barbarians about it this last spring. Got a reply back saying they were to busy to do anything with it at that time. Wasn't there supposed to be judging and prizes????

buzzsaw

yes that was the plan. I know Adam was taking care of this for Chris (owner) and Adam ending up moving back to southern MN and had a ton of things on his plate. I spoke to these guys back at the Game Fair at the Armstrong Ranch a short while back and as far as I was told it was still alive... just way behind schedule. I will say that these guys are really good peeps and do great framing!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• parkhopper99
      First thing that Im going to do once quarantine ends is definitely fishing in Lake Riley. I just miss going out with my family to do some outdoor activities. Its about time my kids learn how to fish and wear those national park hats that I bought for them last month.
    • huntnfish
      I remember the rides to the lakes in the old station wagon with the seats that faced each other and no seat belts.  I remember finally getting my watercraft permit when I was 11 which meant I could take the 14’ aluminum boat with the old 9.9 Johnson on it out by myself. And then finally getting to go out by myself and dragging the anchor all the way back to the cabin because I forgot to pull it up. I don’t know why I couldn’t figured out why I couldn’t get any speed.  I remember riding the board ski behind that same boat. No one believes me but all it was just a half sheet of 1/2” plywood with a 2x4 on the front and a rope for a handle. Then another rope tied to the boat. We had 2 of these. The fancier one had a 1/2” X1/2” board down the middle to make it more stable.  I also remember getting my firearm safety which meant I could go out to the woods alone with my .22. I’d tie the gun case to the side of my bike and ride down to the river and spend all day in the woods and the only rule was to be home by supper. 
    • huntnfish
      For fishing lately I’ve been watching mostly Muskie videos. I’ve also been known to watch Jason Mitchell.  For hunting I watch the hunting public and the hunting beast. Both are great and work hard for what they get. I also like the DIY sportsman and in the fall will watch chasing November. Chasing November is much more commercialized that the others. 
    • papadarv
      Grew up on a farm. Small building on left pic was a smoke house. Dad (or Pa as we knew him) raised hogs. Bro & I would sneak in the smoker and eat the small knife cut strips of un-done bacon, we both loved. During summer family would go to Stewart lake with cane poles to catch bull heads. Biggest catch was 186 and was considered as great Food. Smaller tractors were hand crank start, didn’t have batteries. At dinner (now Aka lunch) we listened to a WCCO Cedric Adam’s for grain prices. When Corn & Beans went up a nickel per bushel meant next 3 days of hard sweat labor shoveling grain out of granary (building in pic 2) into the double clutch shift truck to go to market. In 1950, dad decided to winter in Florida, sold all livestock, pack 10 kid in a station wagon and headed south on a 6 day trip. At gas stations going threw Ala. and Ga. boys used the bathroom with the “Colored" sign above the door. Being from MN we had no clue about southern segregation. My friend's dad hobby was fixing cathode ray tube TV's where I spent countless hours with him learning electronics. In ’59 I brought our first family TV home which I actually fixed. The countless hours paid off with working 40 years at Control Data. In late ’76 early ’77 as a hobby, built a self contained PC computer before the Apple II came out. Almost got me fired as I was a Test Engineering manager and not in development. A few things I haven’t done. Got sober in 1977. Haven’t tasted a wine cooler, no clue what Light Beer or craft beer tastes like and have no desire to find out. All this stuff was invented after I quit drinking. During the day my favorites were Oly beer, IW Harper bourbon and any cheap Gin.
    • DonkeyHodey
      Times are crazy, but I am thankful. 😊   I am blessed.  This was a beautiful evening last summer.  I am in Good hands.  I have a Hope and a Future.  Hoping to hit the shore of the Missi this evening for a “therapy” session with the kids and hopefully the suckers will be running.  I’ll keep ya’ll posted.  Stay safe, friends.
    • Mike89
      thats is how I planned on wearing my bandanna!!!  and I had the same thoughts...  find out tomorrow!!!!
    • Rick G
      A good one for the family Be awesome outdoors,  He always has the wife and kids out enjoying life in Mn
    • IceHawk
      Yep Smurf knew Missy quite well. 👍
    • IceHawk
      Marshal outdoors is pretty good, guy is pretty funny. Someday I'm hoping I get to share the boat or ice with Larry Smith definitely would be a card to fish with for sure !
    • Rick G
      330 Maniac outdoors... Scott is pretty darn awesome toutuber Dtro fishontv,  Darren is always one worth watching MitchBradshaw outdoors, always good stuff coming from this guy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.