• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Johnson must go

tcroz

Another rivoting performance by Johnson! I may not know what I am talking about but either do the announcers on radio and TV. They both said the same thing I was saying. His inability to throw the deep ball is killing the Vikes! Defense does not score two, we lose to the worst team in the NFL!!!! Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tcroz

• nofishfisherman

• bottomdweller

• buzzsaw

Just a side note: The Super Bowl ruuner-up Seahawks managed 9 points on three field goals against the Lions earlier this year...

I don't blame him for not tossing the long pass, every time he does its right through one of his receivers arms or hands!! The real offensive issue is our lack of having a true #1 WR. We can blame it on either of the Brad's, but I just think they are calling and executing plays within their limits. I've pretty much come to the realization that is what we should expect week in and week out. If we put in a rookie QB will it make Childress call for more deep passes? Will having a rookie QB help our receivers hold onto perfectly thrown balls? I'm pretty sure the guys ripping the QB and coach here can pick up on my point, atleast I'd hope so. Your putting blame on the wrong people period.

I will say that we could mix in a trick play here and there as teams will expect us to dink and dunk, maybe a reverse or flea flicker against some of these overpursuing defenses.

For the most part I thought the Vikings played better on Sunday, even though it was agains the Lions. However, the offense is still miserable. This week it was penalties that really killed drives. 2nd and short often turned into second and long. I really don't know what the deal was, the line looked better, Taylor ran great (Lions ranked 10th against the run), the recievers caught the ball, but we just couldn't put any points on the board. Caoching football is not easy, its the ultimate chess game where the pieces are alive. Some questions after Sundays game, where are the tight ends? Why do we constantly throw the short pass on 3rd and long? Where are the shots at the end zone when in the red zone? Run, Run, Run, thats all we seem to do inside the 20 and its put up mostly field goals, the one TD that we had Sunday was a pass. The game was for the most part, extremely boring.

By the way, does anybody else have a strong dislike for Mewelde Moore? I think hes absolutely terrible on special teams, its like the guy is afraid to get hit.

Quote:

Run, Run, Run, thats all we seem to do inside the 20

I'm fine with that as I have Chester Taylor on my fantasy team. Just needs to find the end zone.

I have not checked this site for a couple of weeks and lo & behold, there is a discussion about our QB. I have several opinions I would like to express.

1} I agree with everyone that the Vikes' receivers need to replace that slippery substance on their hands with some good ole' Jack Tatum stickem.

2} Our imaginative play calling is done by the HC, not the QB. The play calling reminds me of the Vikes 30 years ago. Off tackle left, off tackle right, incomplete pass and punt!

3} Gee--- our 100 million dollar offensive line is well worth the investment, right guy's? I wonder when we will see an ROI on this investment? Espceially, when it comes to pass protection, opening holes for the RB, and remembering the snap count!

4} Football is the ultimate in team sports, where 11 players are supposed to act as one. When the other 10 players on offense begin to function as one and the QB is not getting it done, then and only then, will I start to call for a change.

You can not efficiently run an offense, when your QB cuts your playbook in half with his limitied ability. I have been trying to get that across no one listens!

Quote:

know one listens

It's actually NO one listens... grin.gif

Thats what my wife always tells me, must be true. tongue.gif

tcroz; I am sure that my ignorance is showing, so please tell me why the playbook is cut in half with Brad as the QB?

Watch the games ... it is self expalnatory. He has no arm strength, no mobility and limited accuracy. We are not talking of ignorance here, just opinion. My opinion is BJ will get us to 8-8 and no playoff appearance. That is all!

Can anyone argue that? My ignorance is backed up by every play by play analyst, and most every sportswriter in the 5 state area.

I dont know if I would want to compare myself to the local sports writers. grin.gif I agree he is not getting it done. Defence and Chester Taylor are getting it done, but not Johnson.

tcroz: We cannot be watching the same game together in different places. What I see is an offensive line, that is truely offensive! There has to be a reason Chester gets dropped in the backfield so often, or should he be sat down also? There are several passes dropped each game that the WR, or TE, or RB should have caught. What about this OFFENSIVE line; if the receivers are not dropping the ball and running backs aren't being dropped in the backfield, the line is being called for holding or a false start.

Brad has never been a mobile QB, even when he was with the Vikes early in his career. He has always had adequate arm strength too make all the throws required of a pro QB, and still does. Brad may not be able to put the team on his shoulders and carry them to the win, but he won't lose it for you with dumb mistakes either.

I'll agree to disagree. Our offensive line is not bad and getting better each week. Chester had a pretty nice week last week. I will reiterate my point of mediocrity. My feeling is when T.Jackson gets healthy, throw him in. If he flops we go 4-12 he gains valueable experience, and the team gets a better draft pick. The Vikings offense is boring with Brad. JMO

Great win for the "Purple". Defense now has surpassed Johnson in touchdowns scored. Watch it Mewlde and Longwell are hot on his heels!!

Still think 8-8 with brad tc, more like 12-4 me thinks with the way they played yesterday. De looks great. Brad moved the ball well yesterday when the recievers caught them and we were not penalized. Big penalty in the red yesterday. But what do you think about the play calling? I didnt like the play calling in the fourth quarter it was like Childress was trying to let them catch up. But all in all a great win for the purple. Good test come monday nite.

I thought it was a very good game yesterday, although I didn't see the whole thing. Personally, I thought the 4th quarter went just fine and was coached just fine. Ball control, run time off the clock, etc. Special teams did a good job too in the 2nd half.

So far I've been really impressed with our D. It's been a while for the Vikes since we've had a D that can persue and create havoc like they've been doing this year.

Vikes defense finally came back to reality, they looked as bad as the Packers pass defense. Johnson looked horrible, how many more games will he start till the replace him with Bollinger??

I'm in now. Johnson has no arm strength, no zip on the ball. I'll qualify that by saying that the Vikes have no good WRs, too.

Havn't looked at any stats but I'd have to believe we have the worst offense in football it terms of scoring.

Bottomdweller you still feeling that 12-4? We were fortunate to see what a QB with arm strength and mobility could do. I am not blaming everything on Johnson, but 2 people on "O" touch the ball everytime. And the one receiving the snap better be able to get it done. Johnson is washed up and a below average NFL QB at this stage in his career. No arm strength...no mobility...now dumb a#% decisions. Not the greatest attributes for an NFL QB.

When is T.Jackson going to be ready?

How about that call on the Wiggins catch that was terrible!

I just absolutely knew this thread would heat up. The Vikes (who I'm thinking will be nothing more than average for another year) put a smack down on Seattle, on the road, and no one really said anything.

Then the Vikes stink up the place and here we go with the thread gettin hot again.

With all due respect Boilerguy the Seahawks without Alexander are not the Seahawks. Granted Vikes played well but I think our heads got a little swollen after that victory!

Oh come on...you mean a win against Seneca Wallace at QB and Matt Strong at RB isn't a quality win???

wink.gif

Just like when Favre had a few bad games at the beginning of the season everyone bashed him. Now the past 2 games he has thrown no INT'S and about 4 TD'S and you hear nothing.

Same goes when the Vikes play bad.

Stats

Johnson is 24th in the league QB rating 74.5 (Culpepper 77)

4 TD's in 7 games 7 ints.

He feels he is underpaid I think he should count his blessings!!! Numbers don't lie!