• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Score this buck and i'll take you hunting for 2 days any season

tjm

Glad to hear it. I always fear that I have an opportunity at a huge buck under conditions that don't make it a great hunt. For example, I know a guy who shot a really big one by driving out into the field, parking his truck, getting out, loading his gun, taking 10 steps and a big 12 got up and he shot it. Ick. A beautiful deer, but not what I would call a good hunt.

I watched the buck I shot last year make a rub and a scrape from 35 yards due to thick brush. I had to wait prolly 15 minutes, which was a lot of fun. I know what you mean on the little bucks, they are so fun to watch, but the blood doesn't boil on them like when you were a kid. I have never had an opportunity on one quite as big as you shot, but God willing, that day will come.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tjm

• harvey lee

• lawdog

• B mac

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing 182 5/8", that's a hell of a deer, wish I had the time to do that kind of scouting, that's proof that there are trophy's everywhere if one puts in the time to find them.

183 1/4- Looks similair to the big one i am chasing up here, except mine has 10-12 points. I had him pattered and ready for a north wind but the farmer combines and digs the field within a day.... frown.gif.. That was the opening weekend that i had to work. Havent saw him since. Hopefully he will show his face this week.

I think it will 164 and 7/8th. It takes alot of antler mass

to make Boone and Crockett and not many 8 pts make the book.

I'm going to guess 181 1/2

Gonna be down there in a couple of weeks for the first time...It would be nice to win! laugh.gif

I might agree with archery1 in that it takes a HUGE 8 pointer to make the book.It may and if it does then that is one huge 8.170 is alot of score without many deductions and alot of mass.

The 125 for Pope& Young of course will make it without any problems.But,a 170 score buck is a big boy.

I'm not putting a guess in till i see someone holding the deer... that pict is nothing I want to see in relation to the shoulders and the ears, which you cant see in the pict.. and if I dont win... who cares..

No matter what.. its a trophy and a monster buck for sure!

Bravo sir!

Rappinjack

Glad your off enough not to win cause i would ff my offer if i had to take any 1 of those 3.Glad you are thinking of me.

By the way that shed i found 2 years ago must be off of big boy.I called the guy i had sold it too.He said if we shoot that buck he will give it back to me for the same price i sold it to him as

The big boy we been try'n to pin down this year i had a shed i found 2 years ago.From the looks of this shed and the buck were closing the gap on looks just like this shed on 1 side but 2 more years of growth.All those stickers are now well into 6-10" points.He looks like a tree with massive beams and atleast a 16" kicker

The pic i'm going to post has several sheds and 1 of my bear skulls.If you look behind the shed i'm holding in the far corner of my trunk you'll see what shed i'm talking about.Just add 2 years of growth to that.I figured when i found the shed that buck was probly a 3 1/2-4 1/2 year old from the look of his body.It was the only deer around this area at the time the shed was found Dec 26th

100_3096.jpg