• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

fishermn, I hope you don't mind if I post a pic of you and your buck.

Oct_2006_buck_1-sm.jpg

Congrats Nice Deer!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SKIPPERS KID

• matthothand

• fishermn

• Northlander

Thanks Guys, and thanks Cheffrey for posting the pictures. I will let you all know what he scores in two months. I have to wait that long to get the offical score. Early estimations are between 190-200. Thanks again, and good luck out there!

Nice bucks guys! Hopefully I'll have pics of a pig to share after this coming weekend. I'm feeling good about friday the 3rd. Nov. 3 has been a good day for me in recent years and the weather looks prime for the weekend.

Saw 8 bucks today and was real close to lettin loose on a nice 9 pointer...but that was only cause I was freezing and thought about how nice it would be to have an excuse to get down and warm up. He was solid 18-20 wide with good mass just didn't have enough height to do it for me. The does seem to have altered their patterns from what everyone hunting in my zone today had observed. They just weren't anywhere which is a change from being everywhere. They're probably getting run around all over the place by the bucks. Which is fine by me. After getting down this morning I went right out and bought some new boots. 1400 grams of thinsulate should make it easier to sit tmrw morning. Pfister, whats going on in your chunk of woods?

Matt

The hunting is good just not the right one yet saw a nice ten point in the 150 class today just not a shooter. I hope it will be tomorrow? I cant wait much longer I would like to put a photo up as well I know it will happen but DECEMBER is still there? I just hope it don't take that long-?? Well good LUCK to all cool.gifsmile.gifsmirk.gif..

Scored #4 today. Doe came in at about 4:30, and gave me an easy 15 yard shot. It was a pefect heart shot and she didnt even go 10 yards. Man I gotta get busy started cutting up deer. After my son shot his yeaterday we now have three hanging!

Tom, Judging by your avatar you must have scored on the big guy recently! Congratulations! But, where are the pictures??

Well that is not this year's Deer I got that one in fall of 2003 his weight was 279lb's dressed he was a great one to get and with the bow he sites on the wall hope I can get the big boy soon I have 5 different shooters 170 class hope to get it done tonight?

279lbs? That would've been the biggest buck in north america in 2003. How many awards did you win with it? You shurely won all the contests in northern MN?

Tom's buck was huge but I doubt it was the biggest taken in north america 83walleye. If so, where would a person find this information? I'm pretty sure there must have been one or two that tipped the scales past 280. Anyways... I'm looking forward to my three day weekend and hope to fill my last possible tag. It's been reported that the shooters have been funneling past my stands daily but I've been at work from dark to dark. Now I'll be in the tree dark til dark and hopefully have good things to share soon.

I do not enter contest's! Sam cook had a big right up on this buck it was the biggest buck that year and was in the top five as far back as 1978 I was very happy with this buck I shot him at 42 yards in the chest he went 25 yards. I was so happy with this Deer that I now I may never shoot one like it again but he looks great on the wall and I relive the hunt daily what a buck.

phister.jpg

what a beast! you can tell by the body size that he was a real giant. what part of the state? And what did he score?

Well a BEAST you got that right That is one big Deer? I hunt just south of Duluth down HWY, 23 as fare as what it scores well we will have to see this march it is in the 170's give or take still a nice deer to see said it will not be seen again I hope I will see some thing close in my life again. Hard to beat this buck well I will not stop till I do good luck to all and be safe smile.gif.

Very nice buck Tom. I hope you get a chance at another and thanks for sharing the photo.

I remember back when Tom shot that deer and it was in the paper and I think the news as well. I remember thinking what a PIG.

Now that I know Tom and have been to his house I got a chance to see that deer on the wall. All I can say is its BIG and from the pics the body was even bigger.

I dont know what it scored or weighed and to tell ya the truth I dont care. ( Not like its a 33" walleye or something. LOL. ) All I know is it was BIG.

Good job on that one Tom now quit making excuses and get your butt another one like it or bigger. Sounds like some on here doubt ya. Who cares though you know what you got goin. wink.gif

I have not had the chance to connect on a mature buck but a few of my buddies have. Here are pictures of their deer from the city bowhunt.

green score 155" s5030814jf3.jpg

s5030829pe3.jpg

Well matt those are some nice BUCK'S where is yours??? confused.gif I have hunted 520 hours in the city hunt and cant wait much more. I am off to WI, this weekend And I will shoot the first doe I see she will not be closer than 40 yards just to get even with those bucks that are just out of range well good hunting to all laugh.gif. I hope you have good luck and see a BUCK of a life TIME : smirk: I cant wait till I have my gun this week thanks to my buddy kyle for the invite I will have a deer with my gun this weekend well will post later on the hunt be safe and do not hunt out of a ground blind in WI, People must be sean in orange confused.gif.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm enjoying these pictures. Darn nice Bucks!

Frank the city hunt is a lot of fun and you see lots of deer and some BIG Bucks you just let walk till you find the one you want confused.gif. I have seen so many nice deer that next year will be harder for me with this many big boys out there that they will be even BIGGER next year grin.gif. Frank hope you do this hunt next year confused.gif It would be fun laugh.gif.

I used up a day of vacation time from work to squeeze in another day in the woods before WI opens and it was made worthwhile in the last half hour of the day. No, I didn't get my buck, but I had a chance to meet him. I saw lots of deer and rattled in some nice little bucks that would be great elsewhere but it's still good and I should be able to do better..."better" doesn't begin to describe the buck I saw tonight. After 150" I have difficulty guessing size so I'll comfortably say he is well beyond 150 inches. I'd like to think he's definately in the 170's and better perhaps. Huge 10 pointer with a split G2 on the left side with multiple tines at solid 15 inches. With his ultra tall rack and chocolate horns he looks alot like a mule deer. He was chasing a doe and was unresponsive to all of my efforts with the exception of the buck roar and wheeze. He dropped the doe and came about twenty yards...just enough to tease me...and then he was back to running her down. 60 yards was the closest he got but that was good enough for tonight. Friday is my last chance for about two weeks and I hope to put one through him. It's moments like I had tonight that keep you in the game. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Well the city DEER are safe till I get back from WI, gun deer good luck to all smirk.gif.

Saw lots of bucks today. A few more steps and a 150" 10 pointer that I rattled in would've got the shaft but hey, that's the story of my season. Lot's of close encounters but I just can't get it to happen. As Tom said the deer will be safe for a bit. I will also be carrying the rifle in the land of cheese. It will be the perfect escape from my bowhunting frustrations and more opportunities to kill deer. At $2 a tag I plan on doing a fair amount of herd management. Does beware!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 4 for 5 so far, with one doe tag left. Personally I am still seeing decent numbers of deer and trying hard to get a harvest on film. Dorked my chances on a doe last week cuz I was monkeying too much with the camera though. blush.gif I havent seen much for bucks lately, just a medium 8 pt. a few nights back. How have the rest of you guys been doing??

The past two weekends I spent in WI with the rifle and I'll be bowhunting now fridays, saturdays, and sundays for as long as it takes to fill my buck tag. I'll also be videotaping a few hunts here and there. Sure would like to be done soon though...ice is coming!

Well the WI, Deer are safe from me this year got 2 Does no buck hard to shoot a small one after seeing all those nice bucks in the city hunt. Well look out BUCK"S I am on a mission for 1 out of 5 good shooters they are still there so will keep you up to speed when the arrow goes for a ride hope it is short and sweet laugh.gif.

Well, I got another one last night. Unfortunately it was with the front bumper of the wife's van mad.gif

Hoping to get back out again this weekend, anyone else still hunting??

Yes I'm still going at it. But have been distracted by the ice fishing that is now starting to heat up.

mr