• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open seats/fishing partners. By popular demand.

ttt, it's that time of year again. Boats are heading out and some folks (me for example) usually have an open seat. If you are interested in ever heading out shoot me an email (it's in my profile). Whenever I have an open seat I go through the list and find someone as well as posting on here. Great way to meet great folks. I have made a few great friends in the last couple of years through this site. I'm in St. Paul and fish the east side, NE metro, croix for the most part, but like to try all over.

Those with boats, lets pull together and get some shore guys out there fishing. The best part of outdoors is sharing with folks.

bwally, just saw your post, shoot me an email and I'll get you out on the river sometime. Like I said, I love the croix.

I am always looking for fishing partners, my friends are too lazy and never what to get out. Send me an email and ill contact people whenever I go out. I am also looking for a partner for the tuesday night Fun Bass League. The league is all around the chisago area let me know if you are interested

I've got a boat out on Tonka with multiple open seats. It's usually just myself and my old man but there are plenty of times where he can't make it!

I'm out quite a bit, at least a few times a week and definitely on the weekends as well! Share with me your knowledge and I'll give you a free ride \:\)

If you have any interest, shoot me a PM or an email ([email protected]). If I know I will have an open seat before hand, I'll go first-come first serve. If it's a last minute thing, I'll probably check for online people on here first.

Fair warning; compared to some of you, I'm a youngen. Just a mere 18.

Let me know, there's a whole season ahead of us now. I can't guarantee a bucket full, but I'll do my damnedest to put you on fish.

jholland, sent you an email. I've always wanted to fish Tonka. Would be fun to do it with someone who knows the lake. I will share the little knowledge I have, I just like getting out and meeting more folks.

I am in the west metro and am looking for an open seat to fill. I can't give you too much in the area of info because I have shore fished Tonka most of the time. Thanks a bunch. Jholland and Sandmannd sent you both an email. Would love to fish the croix and Tonka with some new faces. Thanks for the offers.

Hey Sandmannd & YourBobersDown,

I just sent you guys an email. Would love to get out fishing in your boats if you have an open seat.

DT10

Got your email. I will buzz you when I have a seat open, may even be for opener. Waiting to hear back from a couple of folks for this Saturday.

Hey guys, Thanks for your posts! Thats really cool that you are offering to take people in your boat. Id go with you guys anytime. I shot you guys an email with my number. Even if you guys are going spur of the moment I can usually get away to fish. Thanks again for the offer to take people fishing!

Hey guys, just letting you know I love to see the emails coming in! The more the better with all this free time coming up.

The earliest I'm looking at for bringing people out may be tomorrow (Thursday). My father has loads of work tonight and tomorrow and I already promised a friend that I would take him out early this year (Tonight \:\) ).

Do me a favor, if you could include your user name for FishingMinnesota so I can check for anyone online when I need to. A method of quick contact would be great as well (Cell numbers is what people have given me so far), since not everyone stares at their inbox all day. Also, if you want to, let me know what type of fish you normally go for, that'll give me an idea of if I should ask you later (Bass/Pike seasons) or now (Crappies).

Got emails from Sandmannd, Andy, Brad (bwally, I assume?), thanks guys, expect to hear from me soon.

Sandmannd - What's your schedule look like this week/weekend? Maybe we could get the ball rolling early.

The only email I have received is from bwally so if anyone else did try resending it. I got a new boat and cant wait to take it out this weekend I am taking out the wife and daughter but may be looking for someone on opener next weekend. Send me an email and I will see where I am at.

Is the email in your profile still good? I sent one as well.

Jholland. I am the Andy that sent you that email. I sent you another one with a cell number and fish preferences. I can go almost any day as long as I get clearance with you. Sandmannd I get out to to you on most weekends.

Jholland, I am hitting the croix for opener on Saturday. Sunday I'm not free.

Andy, I sent you an email to see if you wanna head on Saturday since I have one seat open. Let me know ASAP if you could, I have someone else in line as well.

Sandmannd, I got your email and thanks for the offer. I am checking on one thing and will let you know later on today. This is really nice of you guys offering up open seats on your boats! grin.gif

I would have to agree with DT10 guy on this one. It is very generous of you guys to offer your open seats like this.

Originally Posted By: DT10 Guy
Sandmannd, I got your email and thanks for the offer. I am checking on one thing and will let you know later on today. This is really nice of you guys offering up open seats on your boats! grin.gif

No problem. I think we got it all worked out. Looking forward to meeting you.

Offering a seat is no big deal to FMr's, haven't met one I haven't like yet (well there is Kingfisher, he's just like a rash that won't go away \:D ). Kidding on that of course. To be honest I have done this last year and made some really good friends out of the deal and to me that's what the outdoors are about. I have a better time out with folks than by myself. I wish I woulda known about this site when I was without a boat.

Toomuchfun, we'll get you out soon. Almost always have a seat open. Actually if Kingfisher didn't bring every rod Fleet Farm sold with him there would be room for four in the boat. whistle.gif

thanks for that Shane!!! I'll rememer that when you ask me to help with some "heavy lifting!!!"

I don't bring "every rod" out with me, just what I might need! If 'eyes are biing, I'll be ready! Same goes for white bass, pike, etc. You're always using some of my stuff anyways!!!! It goes both ways though. At least the wife knows something's getting done around your house when I'm around!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: kingfisher1
At least the wife knows something's getting done around your house when I'm around!!!!!!

And just what's that supposed to mean? mad.gif

I'm just saying, you don't need a muskie rod and we are on a crappie lake or ice fishin'...

lol. How many times have I been over there and she's thanked ME for doing something YOU were supposed to do?!? \:D so what if I love my muskie rod and have problems parting with it?

Hey Andy, what's your Sunday looking like? Seems like the best weather, and so far it's my only free day this weekend.

I'm thinking we could either hit the morning bite and get on the lake around 6-7AM, or go a little later, say get out there around 6-7PM and stay out until the bite dies.

Edit:

Maybe if Bwally wants to come along, he can join us as well. Let me know.

I like the morning bite idea. It works better for me. Shoot me an email with where you would like me to meet you at or just give a call on my cell.

Id go for sure but im out of town this weekend. Are you going out to Tonka on Monday? Or Tuesday? or Wednesday? I was out yesterday fishing a little bay and hammmered the craps. I was using flu flus with no bait at all. It was crazy, every other cast i stuck one. I bet i C and R ed about 50 craps in 2 hours. No slabs though. But I did eat a nice fish sandwich when I got home.

I ready though. Just say the word and Ill meet you there, ready for a great day on the water.

I'll be out Monday already, but I don't think I'll have an open seat. I'll get back to you about Tuesday and Wednesday by tomorrow. We should be able to get out this week.

Myself and Toomuchfun? will be heading out tomorrow morning it sounds like. Looking forward to it \:\)

Something a bit different here. I have a Lake Michigan rigged boat that I haul over to the pond on weekends. Lately, my regular fishing buddies are busy with their family stuff, opening cabins, or they want to do the Minnesota opener this weekend, etc. So I'm looking for a couple of guys who would like to make the trek to L. Michigan on the weekends. Right now, the coho are really hot in the southern part of Wisconsin. I'd like to get together with a few guys who would like to take part in this great big-water fishery. If I go by myself, I can only fish 3 lines. 3 guys catch more fish! The boat is rigged with all gear, downriggers, dipseys, flasher/fly rigs, cranks, planer boards. Contact me for pictures, availability, weather reports, etc. I'm looking for this weekend and the other weekends in May.

[email protected] or here

• 3 weeks later...

i would love to go fishing in the metro sometime for walleye or anything on the weekends i can. im only 14 but no how to fish i live in cottage grove so mabeye someone will have a seat open for next weekend

If someone has anything open come around the middle of July, you can pencil me in. I wont back back in the US till the second week of July. I would love to find someone who is going to hit Lake Pepin or other Pools on the Mississippi.

Lee, I usually fish the Croix out of the bluffs. It would be an honor to have you along anytime. You can email me at s_e_hendricks at comcast.net if you are interested. Where are you stationed now?

• The topic was unpinned