• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open seats/fishing partners. By popular demand.

Psourasinth, I cant make this weekend but noticing you are in Lino also we should get out sometime. Have to decide who's boat to take but would be nice to have someone in the area to go out with.

Shane

Anyone with an open seat planning on fishing in the metro tonight? Girlfriend is out of town I was thinking of hitting the walleye tonight.

Reaper8,

Sounds like a great plan. Would definitely like to get together sometime, that way just as you said, would be nice to know someone in the area to go out with, plus develop another friendship. Let me know when would be a good time for you to get out. I'm considering going to Red Wing or Lake Pepin on Monday, May 25, if your interested you can contact me at psourasin @ comcast dot net.

I live a couple blocks from Cty J/Hodgson Rd intersection in Lino Lakes.

Look forward to hearing from you Shane.

I mite be in the worong area for this but im from st cloud and wondering if neone ever comes up this way to fish for eyes if not im willng to meet on a different lake willing to pay for gas and bait just get back to me and let me know im open to fish on the weekends [email protected]

Just wondering if anyone out there was looking for a fishing partner to do some bass fishing? Just moved here not too long ago and don't have a boat yet so if anyone is interested i get done at 330 during the week and don't have a lot going on, on the weekends, you could email me at [email protected] Thanks

James do you want to go fishing tomorrow night if weather allows? let me know.

sorry i will be working until midnight or later my next outing won't be until sunday you will have to call me i lost your number

I might be going out to either crystal, orchard, or marion on sunday. If anyone is interested i would have one spot in my boat. send me an email if ur interested.

mrfish1991 at yahoo dot com

Quetico, ill let u kno wats going on. I might have the seat filled but we should get out before the weeds take over the metro lakes.

Anyone going out this weekend and have a open seat?? I'll pay for gas, bait, and snacks

email me at fishing.guru at live.com

Looking for 2 open seats Fri, Sat, or Sun on Waconia. Female and 14 YO son. I can pay for gas and bait. Maybe I can even bake some cookies! I'm not sure that I would consider us newbies but a willing teacher would be fantastic!

email me at bach_karena@yahoo

**UPDATE**

Looking for a fishing buddy(ies) for my dad...

My dad, Jerry, is going to be 74 in Sept. and lives in the S. Metro.

He's been my fishing buddy for a long time and we still do go on the weekends sometimes.

In addition to our trips, he has always liked to go during the week because the landings here in the metro aren't as busy. He has always just gone out alone.

Last May he had a stroke. Fortunately, you'd never guess - even the day after. It only affected his peripheral vision. Unfortunately that means he hasn't been able to drive for the last year - which of course means he hasn't been able to go fishing during the week. This week he has a dr. appt. to find out if his vision has improved enough to drive again.

If his vision hasn't improved, I'd like to see if I could find him a fishing buddy to go out with during the week. Someone who doesn't necessarily have a boat - the person could always go to my dad's house and they would take dad's car and boat. If they do have a boat they could take turns.

If it has improved - they could still go out fishing - I think the family would feel better if my dad wasn't going out alone.

If you would be willing, it wouldn't have to be a standing weekly thing. I'm looking for someone my dad could meet

beforehand - see if they got along, have dinner or something and take it from there. I don't think my dad (or my family) would go for having a total stranger showing up at the house

the first time ready to drive the car and boat.

He loves fishing and he loves to talk. He's got a lot of good stories - he was in the Air Force for 22 yrs. and loves airplanes. He's not much of a drinker but he's not an ol' fuddy dud either.

We don't like seeing him sitting around the house day after day and think going fishing a little more often would help his outlook. I've not told him about this post because I don't want to get his hopes up.

If you might be interested, you can either post here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

patti

Ok...Dad didn't pass the eye test cry so still looking for a weekday fishing buddy for him. He has a boat(which he can handle) and the car to tow it - he just can't drive from Richfield to the landing frown. Let me know via email at [email protected] if anyone is interested in going out occasionally. If you have a boat, you guys could alternate.

Thanks,

Patti

OK- so my son is out for the weekend which leaves only me, myself, and I.

Did I fail to mention-I am like a party in a tackle box!?

Looking for a open seat around the metro. email me at walleye.tim at live dot com

Hello my name is Steve and I live in Eagan and I am looking for an open seat on a regular basis.

I am addicted to Musky fishing but have no boat. I am a die hard. Have been fishing them for over 15 years and all my own gear. Will fish night or day. As many hours as you want.

Will chip in for gas everytime.

Also love to fish for walleye, small mouth and largemouth. I have all my own gear for all those species too.

Contact me at 651-698-2801 or [email protected]

The canoe is loaded up and ready to go. I'm off work in Cottage Grove at 1pm and plan to go to the Cannon River. Open spot up front if you can meet me there.

spot filled-thanks Quetico

-Andy

What do you get on the Cannon, smallies?

You're off earlier than I and I have no gear today, but maybe next time...I work near ya.

Yep, mostly smallies, saugers and walleyes. The river does hold quite a mixed bag though.

Hello, if any1 want to fish for muskie. I almost alway have open spot in my boat. I mostly fish east metro n occasionaly in polk co, wi. And sometime island lake south of duluth..... Shoot me a email @ matty5 at tmail dot com if interested, thanks.

Matty

anyone looking to go chase some smallies today? i'm heading to the rum or the mississippi. email me at [email protected] if you want to go i'm ready to go now but i'm leaving no later then 2

I'll be back out tomarrow if the weather holds out. Had a decent day out there today minus forgeting my tackle box ended up with 7 between 14-18 1/4. I will have a open seat again tomarrow. I'm not to set on a time to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if someone would like to help me transition from panfishing to game fishing (walleye, bass, northern, etc) that has an extra seat.

Just bought some great gear (senko, x-rap, etc) however my whole life I have panfished and I was even out on Medicine today with a rental from harty's and didnt get a nibble. Not sure what I am doing wrong but would greatly appreciate some help. Grandpa left many years ago and never got past panfish.

I am 30, fun, normal, business major live in SW metro that has days open due to bad economy.

Thanks for looking!

Hi guys,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Mas is. I can catch the fish if someone else is driving the boat, but when I'm in charge can't find them.

I'm 28, also normal, and live on the east side. Own my own business, so pretty flexible on times to fish.

I would love to tag along with someone who wants to pass on some techniques.

Thanks,

Seth

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if someone would like to help me transition from panfishing to game fishing (walleye, bass, northern, etc) that has an extra seat.

Just bought some great gear (senko, x-rap, etc) however my whole life I have panfished and I was even out on Medicine today with a rental from harty's and didnt get a nibble. Not sure what I am doing wrong but would greatly appreciate some help. Grandpa left many years ago and never got past panfish.

I am 30, fun, normal, business major live in SW metro that has days open due to bad economy.

Thanks for looking!

Just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone missed it. Thank you kindly.

• The topic was unpinned