• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open seats/fishing partners. By popular demand.

brad call me i think it will be better for me if we fish up here maybe try medicine

Anybody lookings for fishing partner. I would like to go fishing and learn some more trick from someone. I do not have boat. flexible schedule.

Last minute deal- if anyone wants to hit a small south metro lake, I'll have my canoe. Hoping to be on the water at 530 tonight for a few hours. Call me direct- 952-239-2107

I'm going in vacation starting next week, would anyone have an open seat the following week? I am booked Wed and Thurs for sure, was thinking the following weekend. Will pay for bait and all that fun stuff. smile Don't really care where I fish, as long as I can just get out somewhere smile.

That works. My vacation is getting busy quickly, but I am for sure getting some fishing in smile. I'll admit, I have never been to pool 4 or have any idea where it is, so I'm up for checking it out! grin

Anyone want to go fishing tonight? I have gear but no boat. I was thinking the river or any metro lake?

Looking for a fishing buddy(ies) for my dad...

My dad, Jerry, is going to be 74 in Sept. and lives in the S. Metro.

He's been my fishing buddy for a long time and we still do go on the weekends sometimes.

In addition to our trips, he has always liked to go during the week because the landings here in the metro aren't as busy. He has always just gone out alone.

Last May he had a stroke. Fortunately, you'd never guess - even the day after. It only affected his peripheral vision. Unfortunately that means he hasn't been able to drive for the last year - which of course means he hasn't been able to go fishing during the week. This week he has a dr. appt. to find out if his vision has improved enough to drive again.

If his vision hasn't improved, I'd like to see if I could find him a fishing buddy to go out with during the week. Someone who doesn't necessarily have a boat - the person could always go to my dad's house and they would take dad's car and boat. If they do have a boat they could take turns.

If it has improved - they could still go out fishing - I think the family would feel better if my dad wasn't going out alone.

If you would be willing, it wouldn't have to be a standing weekly thing. I'm looking for someone my dad could meet

beforehand - see if they got along, have dinner or something and take it from there. I don't think my dad (or my family) would go for having a total stranger showing up at the house

the first time ready to drive the car and boat.

He loves fishing and he loves to talk. He's got a lot of good stories - he was in the Air Force for 22 yrs. and loves airplanes. He's not much of a drinker but he's not an ol' fuddy dud either.

We don't like seeing him sitting around the house day after day and think going fishing a little more often would help his outlook. I've not told him about this post because I don't want to get his hopes up.

If you might be interested, you can either post here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

patti

You are quite the kid Patti. I would love to take him out if I had weekdays off it would be an honor. Hopefully somone on this board will be able too. My Dad's that age as well I know what you're going through. Good for you for looking out for him.

Thanks MNGirl. I mentioned to him today he could take the Penn Ave bus to Lake Harriet and do that.

Are you going on the Womens trip to Mille Lacs?

Anyone got an open seat tomorrow and would like a partner? laugh

please email me at theworldofrui @yahoo.com

Hi Patti, I would be interested in helping your father get on the water a little more often. I am from Minnetonka and have been really occupied being a husband and father of 3 for the last 6yrs and have neglected my fishing time. I sold my boat 2yrs ago so might work out ok if you are still looking for someone to accompany your father. Let me know.

Hey I have some free time tomorrow. Wondering if you want to hit water.

Let me know.

Thanks.

my motor is running like [PoorWordUsage] i have to get it in to have carb clean or tune up or both my cell is 507-363-6112 call me some time after wed. or thur. eo we can gat you out fishing somewhere thanks James

Sounds good James. I"ll call you thurday and plan something for next weekend.

Thanks.

Thanks Stringer! I talked to my family at the mothers day get together today and told them about it and they thought it was a great idea.

Shoot me an email at [email protected].

I'm contemplating on going up to Mille Lacs this weekend to do some walleye fishing, but not sure of what day. I'm not the greatest walleye fisherman, actually still in the learning phase. So if you don't mind my skills, and you'd like to develop another friendship, your more than happy to join me. But if your interested in joining me, please let me know. I have a 1988 16' 10" Bass Tracker boat I was planning on taking, this boat is more of a low plan bass boat, so if you don't mind that and would like to join me you can contact me at psourasinth @ deltak dot com.

I was waiting for your call sunday. but didn't hear from you. let me know if you want to fish sometime this week.

i thought you were gonna call me sorry for the mix up probably tomorrow after work

• The topic was unpinned