• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Replacement boat seats

Havin' Fun

Question

Crusing down the hwy last night and my boat seat decided to jump ship...literally.

So, I need a replacement boat seat. Anyone have any suggestions on a solid replacement? I'm a fairly large guy, who runs some rougher water so durability is a priority. My old Lund seats were wood bases and were pretty strong....what how comparable are all these plastic boat seats?

7 answers to this question

If you need a new seat, go with a good wood base seat not a plastic, I tried plastic, did'nt like,

good luck threw it on the garage sale and bought a solid wood seat after 2 outings. Try ebay, they sometimes have lund seats on auction

I have to disagree with snowman. Fleet Farm has the Tempress plastic frame seats for about $100 bucks. I would get the midrange seat. These are the exact same seats Alumacraft uses from the factory. Main differance is they don't say Alumacraft on them, but they are half the price. We have had very few issues with these seats since they were switched over to a couple of years ago. The wood base seats, however had been a problem for years along with the metal hinges that went with them.

I've had wood seats rot out and the aluminum hinge rips out. I've also had cheap plastic seats crack.

My vote is for a decent quality plastic seat if youc an afford it. As mentioned before, Tempress makes some very nice seats of all price ranges. They are not the only quality manufacture though, just one of them. Cabelas carries a decent amount of Tempress seats. I'd choose one of them.

In all honesty though, I'm still running cheaper plastic seats and knock on wood havent' had a failure recently and I'm no feather weight myself. blush.gif

Bass Pro has "Big Man" seats - can't vouch for quality but they look OK. One would think being designed for max loads they would have a sturdy frame blush.gif

I recieved a new lund seat from my wife for a birthday for my 16' lund boat, it was because I kept complaining on how my a$$ hurt after a couple hours on the water (cheap 50$ seats). its the ones you see in the new lunds, they have a plywood bottom, and I have been in comfort since. they are nice seats, quality foam is the answer. cheap ...no..

Yes, I know, I have a 2002 lund, and they are the newer model seats. I believe I saw that they are about 200 new at the dealer. I was thinking I could get 2 of the hundred dollar seats and upgrade to three seats finally.