• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Horseshoe Chain Panfish

My dad is coming to town on Sunday for one last outing this year. Has anyone had any luck on the horseshoe chain? I don't need specific's, I can take care of that but I want to head in the right direction. I used to fish the chain more but haven't been out there this year. I have had a lot of fun on Ceder Island this time time of year in the past and was wondering if I could expect anything like that this year. Thank you in advance for any input.

The bite has been really tough out there lately. Fish have been very "timimg" oriented and when they have showed up they have been relatively small. I hope that things start heating up soon but for now there are other lakes that might be better.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

I was out last Wend. and caught 1 crappie but it was slow night for everyone that i talked to.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a little better outing yesterday on the chain. I stoped out after work for two hours and managed 5 crappies 10"-12" and 1 sunfish 9.25"! I was amazed to find that big of a gill on the chain. It took alot of holes to find them but great outing!

Heres a pic of the gill.

9.jpg