• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

March 1st thru 4th report

Bull Head Slayer

I had my annual trip to Red this past weekend with 7 others and we went Crappie LESS for the Four days and nights of fishing. There were Crappie bites during the trip, however they bit so lightly they were only taking the minnows! Many nice walleyes and some perch thrown in along the way, but no super slabs. In many ways, fishing trips are always at there best when you do well on the catching or take what you want out of a lake. Though the fishing was the toughest I have ever experienced, a trip to Red with great friends, lots of laughs, and a release from the normal every day grind makes the trip in the end perfect! Good luck to others heading up to finish the season, and we'll be back in another year for sure! Good fishing...

BHS confused.gif

We had a few bites like that last weekend where the bobber would start going down the hole, you'd set the hook, nothing there and bait gone. We speculated that it was perch or small walleyes just grabbing the minnow and not the whole jig/minnow combo...

I think you definately need a spring bobber for the way the crappie bite seems. I was up in January and happenned to mark quite often. My bobber would go down an inch once then maybe 1/2 inch quickly thereafter then nothing. On my jig-stick I felt the lightest double-tap at the same time. Was able to set and get 1 of the 2 crappies my party caught that night.