• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finding a Good Map

I was hoping somebody out there could help me find a good map of Upper Red Lake. I have tried the DNR website but with no luck. I am just trying to get an idea of what the lay of the lake is like. Thanks for the help.

Lakemaster maps put out a good map for Upper Red. Its actually kind of boring to read as there is not a lot of structure. It will allow you to chart GPS Cords however. Bill

It apears to me that Lakemaster did a very good job on the shallower parts (11 feet or less) of the lake but out deeper they did not read the mud. It looks like they read the mineral soil UNDER the mud. On many of their depth changes the water depth is really the same but the mud is deeper. All in all I think the Lakemaster map is by far the best map available to the public.