• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

new to ely but love the fishing but where are the panfish i know where the walleyes are.can some 1 help me distressed tongue.gif

First off welcome to the FM group.

As you can see by my location I'm not going to be much help. Little Long Lake is where we vacation so I know it has lots of pannies.

You shouldn't have to wait long (they are out fishing right now) for more and better advice.

Finns.

Hey Elyfish, welcome to FM! grin.gif

Walk or sled into Bass Lake and search from 15-30 FOW. Good crappies, good gills. The Bass Lake entry point is off the Echo Trail just a few miles from Ely.

thank you for the info is it a long walk to the lake? as i have no snowmobile yett laugh.gif

It's about a mile, but since it's a snowmobile trail it's nicely packed. Gotta watch out for those sled, tho. blush.gif

Try Range Lake....

Its all the way up the Cloquet line.

It is just inside the wilderness area so you have to use a power auger, but fishing is good.

--Mark

I made a mistake.....

you need to use a hand auger.....DUH

Sorry bout that

--Mark

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Perchin on Shag can be a good time the only thing is ya catch as many walleyes as perch o darn. Yeah it is a walk into bass lake but it is worth it if my 350 pound 6 foot 5 butt can hike in there you should be able to. I have drove onto Bass Lake from Low over the portage but dont do it. One of my friends broke through at the beaver dammmm. Had to wench him out and no tow truck would come to get him if we could not get him out. Stub lake is a hike if you cant drive up the hill and back to the parking area, but it has a few crappies. I have caught big crappies on Fall Lake near mile island. Just a few of the ones i spent alot of time on.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hey Nam i was told the boundry aint until after the lake by you know who. I think i will hiking in there with my hand auger from now on.