• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

clam repair?

fishin58

Question

I tried searchin because it probably has been covered but i could not find it but what is the best way to reapir a hole or tear or both in a clam tarp.

9 answers to this question

duct tape? thats what i always use. or maybe try one of those iron on patches?

go to your local hardware store. there is a product called mend it or somethuing like that you apply it to both surfaces canvas and patch. let dry a bit and stick it. do inside and out and your done i have used on an old fold up house and NEVER have the repaired spots come undone. .... paul

Contact Clam Corp. for a patch and then use Tear Mender Fabric Cement you can get it at Walmart in the sewing section. I have used this stuff it dries clear and works great for patching. It has a latex like base that flexes easily. good luck

I put the iron on patches from Joanne's Fabrics on two different Clams I have owned. If done properly, they last forever.

They have iron on patches t walmart. They work well,last a long time and are easy to put on. Assuming you own an iron wink.gif

Fireline and needle work together to repair small tears, otherwise I use duct tape. To repair a hole, lay (overlap)strips of duct tape on top of each other the same length so you have a "sheet" that is bigger thann the hole you want to repair. Then make another sheet the same size. Now get a friend on the inside with one sheet and you on the outside with the other and press together. Ugly, but it works!

I repaired my fish house using Sprotsmens Goop and pieces of canvas off of 1 window flap, which I never use anyways.

Work like a charm, no problems at all, just make sure you round the corners of the patch, no matter what you use.

I burned a hole in mine earlier. Contact Clam Corp, they sent me a pair of patch material for free. I had a friend sew it on for me, can be done with a regular sewing machine.