• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can you apply for a permit for multiple days. Obviously most people vacation and fish for more than one day. With that said, are permits issued for several consecutive days if needed? I know this is probably a silly question, but I've never applied for a permit before. Any info will help. Thanks :

I don't understand the question.

An RABC is a Remote Area Border Crossing permit issued by Immigration Canada, which allows you to legally enter Canada in certain areas without clearing Customs. It is good for a year or more (depending on your birthday).

The other permits one applies for are BWCA entry permits or Quetico entry permits. These are date and site specific. In other words, they are only good for the date and place that you have decided on. Permits can also be obtained over the counter, depending on availability.

Clarify what you want to do, and I'm sure we can help.

Jackpine, I understand a little bit more now. I didn't realize that they last for a year. I'm used to using the site specific permits over in the Ely area. I have one trip scheduled this year that will involve fishing up on the Gunflint and North lakes, etc. Thanks.

Don't forget that if you're crossing the border to fish you are going to need a watercraft permit (in Quetico Park) and an Ontario fishing license.

Fishing licenses I understand, but what is the watercraft permit all about. I will be using a boat from the resort we are staying at...so wouldn't they take care of that?