• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just about caught my first laker today by hand. Saw him on the Vex, chased the tuber up and down a while so i figured i'd reel up and see if i could get him into view. Closed all the windows in the Otter and looked down the hole only to see about a 13 incher swim into my hole before bumping his on the transducer and bolting outta there. Meanwhile my jig was still about 15 ft. below the ice. Not sure, but I'm guessing i won't see anything like that again. Ended up catchin and releasing one about 15" and just as I was pickin up to go to class, got one a little over 4 lbs. on the tip up. Great way to end the afternoon. Fry him up for supper tonite, nothing better than fresh laker and a couple cold ones. If i die tonite, I die a happy man smile.gif

F&F, let me be the first to invite you into the International Brothers of Burntside (IBOB). You are hereby deemed IBOB#10 on our roster. Congrats bro! Nice day to be out on the ice!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

IBOB...now cut that out!

Fish&Fowl, now you done it, you went and got yourself hooked on Lake trout fishing. Congrats!

I feel like i've just been inducted into the hall of fame! I had read that "IBOB #05" on chunky's posts before and wondered what it meant. I think yesterday was the final push needed to officially addict me to lakers. Goin' out this afternoon to get my fix, hopefully the trout gods are feeling generous again!