• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Daunte on the trading block.....

Mudcat21

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nofishfisherman

• cybermuskie

• John Mickish

• JIvers

Quote:

BB, I like your signature! It makes me want to break out the old GNR CD!!

Thanks Buzzsaw, I always get a kick when I hear that quote, even during the movie Cool Hand Luke.

Here's the latest from our crippled QB.

Daunte Culpepper's days in Minnesota might be numbered.

The quarterback, due a $6 million roster bonus on March 17, released a statement to ESPN on Wednesday that read:

"Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request. If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible. I appreciate that the owner, Mr. Wilf, is willing to pay my March bonus. However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways. If the team chooses not to honor my request, then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

What a jerk! Did he hire Drew Rosenhaus over the off-season or what?!?!?!!!!!

I think the labor agreement may have some impact on this. If a deal doesn't get done not many teams will have the $$$ to make a trade. Thats interesting that he wants his contract terminated in a year where there may not be alot of money to sign players, he will be taking a big pay cut if he wants his contract terminated and no agreement gets done.

Here's what the rest of what I found in addition to Buzzsaw's post. I say let C-pep talk to other teams maybe he can convince someone to give us something for him!

:New coach Brad Childress finally acknowledged at the scouting combine that multiple teams have contacted the Vikings to inquire about Culpepper. Childress made it clear the Vikings were not the ones initiating the conversations, but that they were willing to listen.

"You know, the phone rings both ways," Childress said during a news conference at the NFL scouting combine. "You don't not talk to people when they call.

"So we've had inquiries. I mean, that's what happens this time of year. So you listen to everything that's going on and find out what's subterfuge and kind of go from there."

ESPN.com's John Clayton maintains if the Vikings can't work out a trade by March 17, when Culpepper is due a $6 million roster bonus, the team might consider cutting him.

The Miami Herald previously reported that the Dolphins expect Minnesota to release Culpepper, and are hesistant to trade for him. Oakland, Baltimore and the New York Jets are also among the teams expected to pursue quarterbacks this offseason.

Dump his overrated, overpaid a**. They won't get squat for him, and they best not keep him and give him the 6 million. He has embarassed himself and the team with his childish behavior, not to mention loyal fans.

Some team is going to get a 3 or 4 time pro bowl MVP runner up for basically nothing.

He cost himself and the Vikings alot with his actions.

He is lucky the NFL got its labor agreement in order or he could have been facing being cut with no team having any money to spend. He would have lost millions probably.

No-Fish- He has been a MVP runner-up ONE time. You honestly think he will get to that level 3 more times? You can't be serious..

Here's my 2 cents on this whole ordeal. I feel the vikings are going to just end up keeping him. Sure there is all this speculation that he might go here or he might go there. But in the end I have a feeling he is going to be wearing purple. Wilf has stated numerous times that he has never really actually wanted to trade daunte. But that if the right offer were to come around he might consider it. But I also feel that he saw what we got in return for Randy Moss and I dont think he wants to get stuck with nothing in return for "possibly" one of the best qb's in the NFL. I think if they want to trade him that we let him get his knee better, play him either next season or the one after. Let his stock rise and THEN get something better in return than just a second or third round pick. OR let his knee heal and then sit his butt on the bench and entertain offers for him when he is 100%. Either way this whole ordeal is kinda crappy. Daunte was the face of minnesota sports along with KG. And I dont think that the vikings are ready to give up just yet on a player that could become great. Maybe I just dont want to see us get another Napolean Harris for Randy Moss deal. But I would much rather have Daunte play for us than getting some kid from TimBukTwo Community college in return for him. The numbers just dont add up.

I honestly don't see any way that the organization and Daunte can patch this situation up. Culpepper will not be wearing purple next year.....unless it's with the ravens.