• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cedar Lake - New Prague

Wondering if anyone has an ice thickness and some fishing info. I am new to the area so any help would be great

I went by Cedar lake on Friay and there was one portable on the east side of lake, I didn't stop the check the ice but I imagine it's about the same as the other lakes, 3" - 6"

TT

Welcome jjager! I live in the southwest metro area and I've fished Cedar quite a bit. That lake got fished hard the past few years so the fish (crappies and sunnies) are generally very small. I would head south to Mazaska, Shields or French if you want some for the frypan.

Thanks for the info. I was out on the lake Sunday and caught a few smaller pans and crappies but nothing to brag about. Talk with one of the locals and he said that there are a lot of big muskie in the lake and it is hard to find the walleyes but they are there. Ice had a consistant 4" of good clear ice and the white crap on top varied from 2" to about 4". I would say if you are going to fish the lake, go right to the deeper parts and you might have some luck.