• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

minnewawa access by the Narrows?

I'm wondering if anyone knows the closest landing to the Narrows? I've got a place on Big Sandy flowage and fished Minnnewawa last year, but drove out from the landing across from Sporty's.

My wife is pregnant and her walking all the way out from that landing won't work over our Christmas vacation. The DNR map shows some other landings but no clear directions and I dont remember any signs being posted although I wasnt looking. Can anyone help w/ directions?

thanks!

There is a landing real close to the narrows. You have to turn in at Willeys bait shop and go east on Co RD 6 past Banns bar (on left). Shortly after that you turn left onto the blacktop road (188th Ave I think) Follow that until it turns into 486th ST. Keep going and it turns into 197th Ave. Follow that until you see the entrance to the landing on your right. Its right where the word AVE is nearly touching the lake on the map. I've never actually used it, and I don't know if they keep it open in the winter or not. so thats about all I can tell you.

minnewawa.gif

The small point where it says 197th Ave.... and the point just to the WNW on the map (closest point to it) I haven't been up since first ice, but by now there should be several houses around there.