• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NW metro lakes to take my kids ice fishing.

After many years of taking a break from ice fishing, I went out and bought a new fish house last week and am ready to hit the ice. My main goal for ice fishing this year is providing great memories fishing with my two kids aged 5 and 8, which are very excited to get out.

Can anybody help me out in pointing me to some good lakes in the NW metro that will be a great place to take my kids fishing that will provide them action fishing?

Thanks,

Charles

If you just want action for the kids go to Owasso(694 and Rice st) tons of little crappies. Just out from the launch is a twenty foot hole. If your in that hole you will catch fish. If you have a vex you will think it is not working right. Waxies and a small jig and your set. There are also some big Pike in there also if you feel like setting a tip-up or two a little shallower. I don't know what the ice is like out there right now so be careful.

I see you're in Maple Grove. Try Medicine. Good size lake with plenty of opportunity for panfish. Last year I found crappies in the deep holes after first ice and sunnies both way up on the north end (by the park) and way on the south end (by the park) in 6-8 FOW.

Thank you for the info. As much as I would love to take them out this weekend, given the ice conditions and snow probably a good idea to wait.

Grays Bay on Tonka. There is a place to park most of the time and it is not a really long walk. Lots of bluegills and crappies, northerns, and occasional walleye.