• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

while most everyone else was at work or studying for finals today. winona ice and i went out to bartlett. from 10-330 it was nonstop action. Some nice gills and a few crappies were taken all day long. They hit on everything and on every drop. The tip ups however were very unproductive, we caught no northen or largemouth but over all a good day. What a great day to end the semester, but now its time to head back to iowa to hang out with the family, i cant wait till jan. so i can get back here and get back at it. i just hope i beat the snow tomorrow before i leave. crazy.gif

ww

Hmmm, our paths will cross tomorrow. I am leaving Coralville for SE Minnesota, and will be in Winona tomorrow afternoon to check the fishing at Bartlett. What was the ice like? My experience out there is that the tip-up action is best early in the morning, and that it falls off by noon and goes totally dead after that.

I am eating a meal of bluegill and crappie I caught Sunday at North Ridge Park pond. If you get out there, park on the west side of the pond by the sod-roofed community building. Towards the SW corner of the pond there is a rock retaining wall mostly covered by snow. There is a path on top of the ice heading out about fifteen yards from the rock wall. At the end of the path worn through the snow on the ice are several froze-over holes. That is where I have been catching bluegills with a few crappie, bass, and green sunfish mixed in.