• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

goose hunting

mngoosehunter

Hey, i was just wondering if the princeton area would be a good place to goose hunt. Im not sure if there is much around there this time of year, but i have permission for a field there and would like to know. Thanks for any info.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

The Princeton area has geese I saw some nice flocks in that area in the past. This time of the year looking for a open water source is the key to getting a crack at late season honkers. I would look for a open river system. If there are any geese in the area they will be roosting on a open water source. Once you find birds follow them from their roost to a feeding source. Try and gain permisson to hunt the field and you should harvest some birds.

The key to scoreing on late season honkers is to locate a field they have been and are going to. Setting up in a random area may get you birds but most of the time a active field will get better results.