• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St.Francis Area

Marshall1117

I just moved to the St.Francis area back in July. I didn't get any time to do any open water fishing. Are there any good little pan lakes around the area? And has anyone tried the Round Lake this year. I have saw about 5 portables lastnight out there.

If it's the Round lake in Andover your talking about, rumor has it that it's got pannies in there but who knows, think it got pounded pretty hard after word got out couple years ago..you can try lake George also, access right on Round Lake Blvd, believe its primarily a Crappie/Northern thing there, probably better ice fishing then during the summer when theres about a gazillion boats/jet skis out there. You can also try Green Lake which I've never fished so don't really know much except what you hear/read.

I live in Andover and i'd be surprised if Round is still giving up the size sunfish it did last year, cuz once the word got out, it got absolutely blanketed by fishermen, it was even hard to get the big ones towards the end of the year, it was kinda hard to see... that lake takes years to come back and its fished out in just over a month... As far as George, alot of small pannies to be had, but i have had the occasional 10 inch crappie come outta there, lots of northerns in there so putting a couple tip ups out could be some fun... There are also lots of sunfish to be had on Crooked Lake in Andover, you'll see the houses pile up on the main point for the "phantom" walleyes in there, but there is alot of sunfish action... Good luck!

oH come on now, i know where to catch the walleyes out there but for guys like u that have trouble catching walleyes anywhere... I was just trying to help the guy out with the experience i got...