• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What do you prefer.......

Do you like to ice fish or fish in the summer better?

I would have to say I like to fish in the summer alot better but that is just my opinion I would like to hear yours!?

Probably like fishing in the boat a little better because I can run from spot to spot so much easier.

Northlander thats understood, as we all get older we need a little mechanical mobility to help us "run" from spot to spot. shocked.gif

As for myself I think I am impartial. I spend the winter thinking of boat fishing and the summer thinking of ice fishing.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll take what I can get. Now why does that sound funny?

Actually I like the four seasons and come late fall I'm ready to put the boats away and gear up for ice. Come Spring that will change.

same feelings as cheffrey, i spend all summer thinking of ice, while i spend all winter wishing it was warm and i was cruising across a lake or wading downstream with a flyrod in my hand. both seasons are great and it's one of the things that makes living in this region so special.

For me ice is for playing hockey and in a glass. Give me soft water and a warm breeze in my face grin.gif

I agree. I like the warm weather and Walleye chop. I like ice fishing but not as much as I used to. The cold weather is getting harder and harder to take as I get older. Not that I’m getting ready to head south for winters but I just

don’t do as much outside as I used to.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.As long as there are fish to be had or just being with buds any season is good for me.

Jar Jar

I'm more serious in the summer and more laid back in the winter. Since the original post was about which one do I prefer? Winter..........

I like fishing in Ely, MN on Easter!

When you have to take a boat out about 20 yards to get on the ice.

Crappie fishing is unbeleivable.

Fishing is fishing. Winter or summer. Getting out is really what counts, and having fun. Beyond that is just a bonus.

I have to work 6 day a week in the summer frown.gif so I have 7 ice houses grin.gif bring on the hard water. its always warm in the ice house. Nels

The comradre of ice fishing is great, but the scenery (ladies in boats in bikinis's)in the summer is usually better. Guess I preffer summer, but I won't quit ice fishing either.