• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance H2O- card reader- waypoints

Ski from FF

Question

I am looking to buy a Lowrance H2O. Is the only way to transfer waypoints by SD or MMC card. If so does the reader have to be the Lowrance reader? I would Imagine that coordinates could be entered into the gps directly.

Thanks

SKi

6 answers to this question

Lowrance has an NMEA/serial com port connector. From what I was reading this only exchanges live gps data.

PierBridge is right...any SD/MMC card reader will work. You just need to save the files to a card, then the i-Finder can download them. That's how my i-Finder Pro works...

I just emailed lakemaster with these questions. I will post the response that they give me.

The H2O is a great unit...I love mine. But just so you're aware, they've come out with a color unit of the H2O now. I haven't seen it in any stores yet. But it's out there. I believe it'll be retailing for about $269. So if color is your thing, that's something to think about. If color isn't your thing, that's great news too because this new unit resulted in Lowrance dropping the price of the current H2O by $60!

Aaron

Thanks for the info. I ordered a Lowrance H20. I did not go for the color one. My brother has a Lakemaster chip that I can use for the winter. Can't wait to get out there.

SKI