• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What is with this?

Philo

I need an opinion or two. We bought some land 3 years ago and posted all the land that adjoins the road (2 sides). My uncle owns a third side and the fourth side we talked to the guys who own it. Those guys had been the ones who hunted our land when it was owned by the previous owner. They were not thrilled that we bought it. On the fourth side we did not post it, since they were obviously aware of the situation. And to my knowledge, they have never trespassed. However, out in the middle of the swamp, they have taken to posting their land. None of us has ever set a foot on their land, but I found it kind of interesting. It was obviously done with us in mind. should we post our side? Since I did not want to escalate anything, I have not posted it. But it kinda makes me wonder...

Since you are both aware of situation i don't think neither of you have intentions of trespassing but without clearly defined property lines it could be unintentional. My opinion is they hung that sign just to mark where there property begins it can be difficult in a woods especially when it’s not farm land and you don’t have fences everywhere.

I would suggest not posting your land on the 4th side (neighbors side) unless it becomes a problem with them (or others) tresspasing on your land. Be civil with them, stop by to say hi and share how your hunting's going...who knows you might end up getting along well with them. That's how it worked with the land my wife's uncle bought. Now they are constantly hanging out in the evenings and helping eachother with drives and tracking, etc. Who knows if you'll end up being best buds with them (or if you even want to be best buds) but I would think they'd at least respect you and your property for trying to be cordial with them.

FL,

that is what I have been doing, which is why I was surprised. Oh, and the property boundary is a well defined fence, sorry for leaving that part out.

I am not going to post that side unless something changes. I think they didnt like the fact we posted along the road. But with all the road hunters out there, that was a given.