• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ifinder + lakemaster=less holes

Do yuo find lakemaster on a handheld puts you directly on spots. I've never seen one but is the map on the ifinder detailed enough to show structure and put you on depth ridges?

If you have the lake master chip for the Ifinder you will be right on the spot. The lakes thare are in the 1 ft contours are excellent and the 3 ft are also good.

I have an Ifinder and am lms 332 in my boat and the only complaint I have about the Ifinder is the size of the screen and it is not color. Overall, I think you would be happy with Ifinder Lakemaster combination.

The contours/depth will show up and the unit will get you within 10 to 15ft of the exact spot. After that you need to switch to your locator to make the final adjustments if needed. I usually get to the spot and swiss cheese it anyway as I switch holes to move deeper and shallower to find fish. I have also mapped out lake structures on the snow to get a better idea of what it looks like for open water fishing. Just head out with a bunch of small cones and plop them down on the GPS coordinates.

This is why I hardly use my shelter. I am convinced that fish will hit a new presentation when the same presentation is already there. How often have I walked ten feet to a different hole and dropped the same bait and popped a fish, when I've been sitting there on another hole for half an hour? Only problem with the swiss cheese approach is that the four year old steps in a hole and then you have to take him home to momma.

ice