• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is there Ice yet????

Gotta be getting close! Is it normally the case where the first ones to walk out or snowmobiles, get the best bite? First Ice!!!!! Yes!!! Anyway, we got four inches of snow here in central Iowa this week...preceded by TORNADOS!!! Yup, good ole Iowa! Anyway, would appreciate any updates! Looking forward to the hard water! Was going to come up with boat this weekend, but i believe those plans are quashed...oh well...on with the ice fishing!

we just have been getting some cold weather here the last couple days I think we have awhile yet

Jason

HARD WATER!!! The last couple of years have been on the Lake of the Woods on New Years Eve...sounds as if my best friend...Karla and I will be trying Winni this year!!! Although, there are several weekends between now and then! Thanks for keeping us posted.

While out scouting for ducks this afternoon I found 1.5inches 10ft out from shore on bowens, ice is out from shore 1/4 mile in some spots. McAvity Bay is froze over, didn't check the ice though.

Can't say anything about third river specifically, but Fri. morning there was ice as far as the eye could see from Winnie Dam.