• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Mexico Elk Hunting

LOW_Hunter_11

I am looking into going elk hunting next fall and i was wondering if anybody could give me info on were to go and wat to buy for new mexico thanks

Brandon

Brandon:

You may find someone here who is up on all the details about what it takes to hunt elk in N.M., and I hope you do.

Meanwhile, your first step should be doing a Web search for the N.M. Game and Fish Department, or whatever the state agency calls itself. They're bound to have a ton of info on how to get permitted to hunt elk there. Most DNR-type agencies positively WANT hunters to succeed, and in this electronic age those state departments generally have a lot of what you need online.

I would check into it early. I know that drawing an Elk Tag in New Mexico can be much more difficult than some of the other states.

Ryan