• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help with Interpetation of Regs

loadmaster

I have a Lic for Zone 1A and hunt in area 122 (Doe Lottery Area(did not win))My question is this if I leave area 122 and enter an area that is labaled intensive deer harvest area can I take a deer of either sex or am I limited to Bucks only Need some feed back on this one>>>later the load

I would have to say bucks only outside the permit area you applied for. Like the not so long ago old days of zone 1. You don't get a permit for doe within your area, it is bucks only.

I'm sure you can buy a management tag for zone 1 so you can shoot a doe in the area with intensive harvest in zone 1. With your regular lic. you can tag a buck or a doe in the intensive harvest area, in zone 1. Not winning a lottery only means you can't shoot doe in that area, it doesn't restrict your license in other areas. Good luck to you.

I agree with Sold. From my understanding you can leave your permit area that you applied for a doe permit and if you go to another zone that has intensive harvest tags you should be able to buy one for a doe. The best thing to do is contact the DNR at the web address cause they get back to you ASAP.

Froggy

Just e-mail the DNR, they will get back to you right away. I e-mailed them last Wednesday and Friday and they got back to me within 8 hours both times. No more phone calls and waiting on hold for me.

If you bought a regular license for zone 1 you can hunt anywhere in zone 1. If you go to a permit area that is a "managed" deer permit area you would be able to purchase 1 management tag. If you go (not sure if there are any) to a permit area that is a intensive harvest permit area you can purchase up to 4 management tags.

If I purchased a bonus tag for area 222(intensive harvest) and also hunt area 221, can I still fill that tag in area 221 being 221 is also an intensive harvest area??

Yep. A bonus tag is a bonus tag. It just depends on if you can use 1 (management area) or 4 (intensive harvest area).

Wacker is right. You can only take bucks in lottery areas but if you hunt in a managed or intensive area you can take a deer of either-sex AND buy bonus permits (1 managed area, 4 intensive area). A bonus permit is a bonus permit. It's valid in any managed or intensive area for which you have a valid license. In your case, that's Zone 1. Good luck.