• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What if any type of deer call does everyone use

Shwangman

My Son wants to purchase a deer call to use when he hunting the 2nd season in Southern Minnesota. He plans on doing 3 in the moring and 2-3 in the afternoon. He has a set set of horns already but undecided on what type of factory call to purchase, any ideas? Thanks.

I have a Primos grunt tube, but don't do a lot of calling. I also have a small, single pitch tube that I always wear and use just for stopping deer that are moving to fast, or in an opening. I've never had a deer in anything less than full flight not stop dead when I hit that grunt. I prefer it for that.

For actual calling, I stick to horns and occasionally a bleat can. Just if nothing is moving in the area for an extended time. I've had the can get does up that were bedded in the area before. I think they just get up out of curiosity, but when they get up and moving, sometimes the bucks do, too.

I bought a H.S. calls "Quadgrunter" and it works great for what I need. It has a plastic reed that can be set at mature buck, young buck, doe bleats and fawn bleats.