• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Interesting Mock Draft

CNY Tim

Kiper likes it!

Kiper suggests the Browns should especially jump to trade their No. 3 pick to Minnesota - which has the No. 7 selection, but reportedly wants to move up and draft Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

General Manager Phil Savage, on whether he feels pressure to "hit a home run" with the first-round pick: "Right now, we'd be better off getting singles, doubles, maybe a triple, and some base on balls. And maybe throw a hit by pitch in there, too." (Frankly, that pretty much sounds like what Kiper suggests the Browns do.)

I got a feeling that this is going to happen. As a Browns fan I would love Edwards but I know we have two many holes to fill at the moment. I knew it when Smith was talking contract with San Fran that the Browns would look to trade down. You guys are gonna love Edwards I think he will help you forget about Moss quick, an impact player with an attitude. I don't think it will take much maybe the 7th pick and a 4th rounder?

Cyber,

I've been saying that for a while.

They should stay where they are and see how the chips fall. If Williams is still there, take him. If he is gone, take a D stud and then brab Jones at 18. Sounds like Philly and the Steelers may pick him, but the Vikes would pick first. I would LOVE to see that monster in purple. The guy is just as big as Daunte but has the speed, hands and leaping ability of both Edwards and Williams. Whoever gets this guy is going to be very lucky.

Williams is Bears bound I am convinced of that. But who knows??? Is it Saturday yet?

CNY Tim- The vikings do not need wr's with additudes they need players that won't disrupt team chemistry. Edwards is talented but with him in 2 years you will have a mini version of Moss and he will not even come close to putting up Moss like numbers!! who wants that headache?

Here goes my prediction... they trade up and surprise everyone by taking Ronnie Brown!! yeah, yeah we already have a stable... I know.

Ozzie- Are you saying that Braylon Edwards is a head case with an attitude? From what I have heard, a big part of why the Vikings like him is BECAUSE of his attitude.

Time will tell.....

Good thought Buzzsaw. If they do that, it would have been the ultimate bluff on the Vikings part.

Thanks DTE! Like the two hit wonder ASIA once sang.... only time will tell.

2 years ago I wouldn't have guessed Kevin Williams either. That turned out to be a great pick! You just never know.....

Fishhead- all i can say is if you saw the ceramony where they awarded him the nations top reciever you would know what I'm sayin. He claimed in front of his dad who was a good f-ball player that he was the best reciever ever to play college football. Give me a break!!! He just came off as "I am the greatest you don't have to tell me I'll tell you" type of guy. If they are going to get a reciever I hope they take Mike Williams over Edwards!

I've heard more than once today on ESPN that the vikings at #7 will bypass Mike Williams and take Williamson the speed reciever from South Carolina. The guys on the draft show im watching now for the most part agreed the vikes would take this Williamson and some of them say he is better than Braylon Edwards also. It also sounds like they could trade down from #7 and still get this Williamson and then also aquire more picks.

Yes, I just got done looking through the ESPN mock draft and they are now predicting the Vikings will try and trade down. It appears talks have fizzled with Miami and Cleveland about trading up, as the Vikes don't want to give up the #18 pick or the 2nd rounder to make the move up. If they are going to move down to take Williamson it may be risky as a number of mock drafts I've seen have Williamson going to the Chargers at #12. If the Vikes trade down, look for the Chargers maybe to try and trade up to get Williamson.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Like I said before, the Vikes don't need a possesion type receiver and Williams is at best a darn good posession type receiver in a TEs body.

They need someone to stretch the field and that is going to have to be Edwards or Williamson if they stay early pick in the draft. There are a lot of good fast receivers so I could see them trading down or taking a running back early if they don't get Edwards or Williamson.

Quote:

Ozzie- Are you saying that Braylon Edwards is a head case with an attitude? From what I have heard, a big part of why the Vikings like him is BECAUSE of his attitude.

There was a big story yesterday on ESPN.com about how you need to pick based upon the kids character and that was why they thought Edwards should be one of the top picks. I haven't heard anyone say much bad about the kid other than this thread...

Quote:

Rumor today is that we are talking to Miami about trading our #7 and #18 for Miami's #2.

I don't like it.

Our #7 and Micheal Bennett to Miami, Welcome to Minnestoa Ronnie Brown.

No I dont like that, but it may happen. Mike Williams is the guy I want. NO MICHIGAN Wr's either !!! grin.gif

All this Matt Jones talk is rediculous by the way. Some of you probly never heard of the guy before ESPN began the hype...

Of course no one knew of Matt Jones as a reciever because he was a QB in college. Take a look at what he did in the college all star games and take a look at the kids speed, size, and jumping ability and its not hard too see why people are all of a sudden intrigued by him.

But havent we seen this before? A college QB that was good trying to transition into another position in the NFL... Has it ever worked?

It will be interesting to see if he goes in round 1. Im sure he will go after say 25th...