• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looks like its going to be too windy again tonight. I hope the silver stay long enough for us to get that Christianson wet!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Surface Tension

• wazzup

• cybermuskie

I am gonna try and make it down there this evening, I will give ya a call later Steve.

I've checked WI Point the last four nights. The results; Thursday night NO SMELT, Friday night about two dozen per pull, Saturday night two or three smelt per pull, Sunday night NO SMELT. What's going on? I've got a few theories but your guess is as good as mine.

I checked out the point on sunday night and got nothing. I did see a few people who caught about one or two per pull. May be we didn't go out far enough, because there's a drop off about 6 feet off the shore. I also checked out Lester. Seems like all the smelts are in the deep spot in the center of the mouth of the Lester. I saw a guy who kept on getting atleast one from there, because he had a long handle net. Everyone else was lucky if they got one every 30 minutes. The only big action I saw was a guy who caught a 26" laker beyond the bridge on Lester. I'll post again if I go again. Good luck everyone.

me and my guys were up there at park point friday night. the wind was way strong. the waves were horrible. however, we did manage to get enough smelt for the night from the WI point. there were a lot of people at the Lester River, i didn't see anyone netting anything. there were some brave souls at park point around midnight pulling their seins. we'll be out there again soon though:)

MisterFish

A bunch of us FMers were at the Tot Lot last night. So was evereyone else and their brother it seems. Lots of people very few smelt. Maybe 3/4 of a 5 gallon pail. Waves were too high to make usual pulls so the guys were all just pulling the shoreline. Those with Christianson Nets with socks did the best, those without were losing most of what they had at the shoreline.

Well we will try again tonight. Hopefully the waves will chil out.

I am in need of a pulling partner. I have a sein (not a christianson), and the person that normally ventures out with me is out of commission. Is there going to be anyone down at the lot tonight that would be willing to give a guy a hand? Hopefully the weather conditions will improve and make it easier than the past few nights.

It was great to meet some of you last night. I now have a face to go with some of the names. i hit the end of the point and would have done pretty well if it was not for the waves. we then went to the tot lot and most had taken off and low and behold i meet northlander and BD and some of the crew there. stopped and shot the breeze for a minute. it was great to meet you guys!

Nice to meet you as well. Another windy night and drizzle so nobody pulled at all.

Winds from the West....Smelt run the best???

I think I'm going to rip a sein or 4 tonight. Anyone else heading down??

I plan on heading down tonight. I'm not sure if I want to put myself through anymore wet and windy nights. But what the heack that's what smelting is about most of the time.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

I'll give ya a holler Nate, I might wanna head down for a bit when I'm done with my school crap for the night.

Hitting the bridge tonight. Might be the best night for pulling hope the smelt figure this out>>>later the load

Hit Wisconsin Point tonight at about midnight, got about a gallon/pull and then they just shut off. Got enough for a meal and some bait. Several groups out there cleaned up between 10:00 and midnight.

We had a couple crews on Park point and it was off and somewhat on. 3 hours and only got about a 5 gallon pail full. Nice weather and the lake cooperated but the smelt had other things to do i guess. Oh well maybe tonight. thats if we dont get a blizard.

Last night me and a buddy went out to the point and averaged about 2 gallons every pull. It was a good time, nice night for the smelt! Cameron

Cameron send me a e-mail and tell me where you were. We may have been right next to you. Will you be doen tonight if weather permits? We hit the T.L. and the Bridge but slow in both spots. 8:30 - Midnight. [email protected]

Is anyone going to be at Wisconsin Point tonight? I might have some time after my meeting.

Jar Jar

Went to the Lester last night at first (nothing), then went to the point (nothing) so I went to a river up the shore and ended up with 50. It was slow, and they basically came in one wave for about 15 minutes and then that was it. Planning on going out again tonight but not sure if the point is going to be the place with the weather acting up.

Jar Jar we will be on Park Point. Leaving in a few minutes.

I was wondering if anyone needs a hand smelting anytime. I finally have some time to do some smelting, but need someone who can help me out. I don't have a seine but I would like to learn how. Thanks

Last night was a bust. It was wierd. The guys next to us were doing ok but we werent doing crap. I wasnt in the mood to move around the point so we called it off early.

What kind of time frame would you say we have before the "run", or the one that is not really taking place, is over. I am hoping to get out again tonight, and over the weekend but the results have been very discouraging. Has anyone done really well the past couple of weeks?

Northlander give up ?.....mmmmmmm Never! Get them little silver things. I may be up tomorrow. Will get in touch.

Anyone have any reports north of Duluth in the rivers? Thinking about heading up this weekend or next weekend to chase some silver. Is the best to come or did I miss it already? confused.gif Thanks for any info.

Dan

Viking is your boat in the water yet? Are you going to try to do some trolling this weekend?

Barkers is just going to start putting them in today. If I can find someone to come up and give me a hand, I will have it in this weekend. I rebuilt the carbs, so I will have to play with them a little bit.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Viking, give me a shout if you ned a hand.