• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings-Eagles Predictions?

JIvers

The Vikes played the Eagles pretty tough in week 2. A couple mistakes really cost Minnesota the game. Both teams have changed alot since week 2. I like when the national sports media doesn't give the Purple a chance to win again this week. We need a little chip on the shoulder. I think the Vikings defense will have another big game. The offense and Daunte will put up big numbers.

Vikings - 31

Eagles - 21

Sandbar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• JIvers

• Down to Earth

• Wadinator

Down to earth, I hate to correct you but I believe Minnesota is the lowest seeded team in the playoffs and would have to travel to St. Louis if we both win. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I just heard that information yesterday. grin.gif

I think that the Vikes need to jump ahead early and stay ahead to win the game. They just don't have the confidence or the coaching to win a close contest or get a come-from-behind win.

If the Vikes score first, then...

Vikes 31 (of course grin.gif)

Eagles 24

If the Eagles score first, then...

Vikes 17

Eagles 35

Being a bias Vikes fan like pretty much everyone here, I too am going to pick the Vikes against all rational thought, because there are so unpredictable.

Vikings 27

Eagles 24

Yeah I guess your right. For some reason I was thinking Minnesota was the higher seed. Not sure what was going on in my head there.

You've had the same fever I've had since the Vikes big win. If only we could get to Atlanta and pay back them Falcons for their dirty work in '98!

Vikings 31

Eagles 24

I fell alot more confident about THIS game compared to last week.

Goota ask what is SKOL Vikings? confused.gif

No TO's, keep penalties down, and get TD's not FG's when you get the chances. Thats what needs too happen for a win. Sounds simple, we'll see what happens.

Before I go into why I would pick the Eagles, I will say again that I am a Vike Fan to the end, and will be wearing Purple this Sunday and rooting them on, come what may. Just like I was wearing Purple and cheering for the Vikings this past Sunday...even though I picked the Packers to win in a blow-out. Very glad to be so wrong. grin.gif

Here is why "my head says Eagles". Yes, TO is out, but the last time I checked, Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook were healthy and coming off basically three weeks' rest, when you count the two games Andy Reid kept his starters on the sidelines for most of the first half, and all of the second. Plus, the Eagles defense is a lot better than the pathetic Green Bay defense that Daunte shredded. I am not going to write the Vikings off completely, but I am pretty sure the points will not come so easy this Sunday in Philly.

I have also given up trying to figure out this years' Vikings--I have no idea what to expect from them one week to the next. I do know that McNabb will probably not throw four or five stupid passes like Favre did, which is why the Vikings' defensive "improvement" a lot of people talk about may be no more that Favre's mistakes. Favre will not be playing QB for the Eagles this Sunday.

Could the Vikings win this Sunday? Yes. They have the offense to match Philly's defense, and I have no idea what the Eagles' O will be like without TO. However, my head says Jevon Kearse and the rest of the Eagles' defense can slow down the Vikings, while McNabb and Westbrook can show why the Vikings defense is ranked near bottom for all meaningful categories. My Purple heart says the Vikings deal with all this, and pull out the win--like last Sunday, I am hoping my head is wrong again.

One more thing: a lot of Viking fans here are saying the win against the Packers is enough for the Vikings. I wonder if the team themselves doesn't feel the same way. And, remember, Mike "Duh" Tice is still coaching this team.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but for those of you predicting 30+ points for the Viking offense, how are expecting that to happen? I know its pretty easy to be optimistic about the Vikes after last weeks win, but they aren't playing the Packers again. The last time the Vikes scored 30+ points against a team other than the Packers was on October 17 against the Saints. The Eagles Defense allows just over 16 points per game and if you take out the last two weeks of the season when they were playing the reserves it drops down to just under 14. Add a hobbled Randy Moss and Moe Williams into the mix. They only put up 16 week 2 with both of them healthy. Would like to hear a few of you expand a bit on the reasoning your predictions. Thanks.

I'm a Vikes fan big time, but I'm just not seeing a win. Jevon Kearse vs. Goldberg = Dauntee running a lot. Sure, he's good on the move, the Eagles defense is better. Their secondary is sending 3 (I think) guys to the pro-bowl.

Moss isn't 100%, Moe (the man) Williams may not even play...We won't be outscoring Philly.

I'd like to go with my heart but my heads tellin me 24-10 Philly. I hope I'm wrong.

If we wouldn't of had the poorest referees in the NFL when we last played the Eagles, I honestly think we would have won the game. Vikes 31 Eagles 24.

I think down to earth is pretty close. I am going to guess

Eagles: 20

Vikes: 10

HaY! what does the winner get? Just Kidding!= Northman

PS: I would llke to see Tony Dungy and Paton Manning and the Ind. Colts win the Super Bowl this year!! Since I know from past experience that the vikes are not going to go very far. In order to enjoy continuing to watch Foot Ball after the Vikes are out. I like to root for another team. I picked the colts. So there, darn it!

I may be wrong, but I think the Viks being the 6th seed have no shot of hosting the NFC Title game. If they beat the Eagles, it's either at the Falcons or the Rams,,, both winnable in a dome. Regardless, let's hope were talking a title game in a few days.

The Viks got nothing to lose, the pack is outta of it and we put them outta of it!!!!!!!

I dont think theres anyway we score only 10 points in my opinion. This is going to be about a 23-20 game, dont know which way it will go.

24-17 Vikings

Logical reasoning none I just got a funny feeling they'll pull something outta thier a$$. Or do they just call that wishful thinking.

Quote:

Ely lake expert.. What year did you graduate? Are you from Eveleth? I grew up in the Eveleth, Gilbert, Virginia area and actually lived just off of ely lake as very young kid. I'm an 88 grad of Virginia.

Kylersek, I would have replied sooner, but I haven't been on for a few days. Yes, I have lived on Ely Lake my whole life. I graduated from Eveleth in 2001. It is suprising how many FM'ers are from or originated in this area.

Ryan

Looks like Moe is going to play on 3rd downs. The only vike out is Chavous. Philly has a couple of defensive guys out, there offense has not played in 4 weeks and they have never played without T.O. if the vikes can shut down Westbrook look out! There is no question Philly has played better all year than the vikes but that doesn't matter anymore. If the Vikes can get a lead early and play like they did last week, I say we win easily.

I hope Moss gives TO a sack lunch, Moss aint no role model and isn't claiming to be one. Get over it!

Quote:

...Moss aint no role model and isn't claiming to be one. Get over it!

Your statement is the exact source of the problem.

Moss IS a role-model, whether he claims to be or not. My 11 year old worships the ground Moss walks on! And when he was talking about Moss's conversation with the reporter right after the game in which he made the comment "If I get in trouble, I'll take the heat", my 11 year old interpreted that as saying "I don't care if I get in trouble". Those were my 11 year old's exact words at the dinner table last night as we were "discussing" the up coming game. I DON'T WANT MY SON THINKING IT'S OK TO THINK LIKE THAT.

So Moss, whether or not you consider yourself a role model or not is irrelevant. You are, and you're not a good one either.

And another thing... what were you thinking when you publicly belittled the $10,000 fine from the league on national TV last night? (Did anyone else catch that "home video" footage played on Sport Center last night?) Reminds me of a stupid kid who gets spanked by Mom, then laughs at her because it didn't hurt. Don't you know she's gonna get Dad to dish it out, and its gonna hurt like hell? But if you had simply kept your mouth shut you would have been much better off. Moss's problems with the league are just beginning. My son hasn't seen that footage yet, and I pray he doesn't.

He's incredibly gifted, but even more incredibly stupid. Even so, I'll be rooting for the Vikes this weekend, in spite of Randy Moss.

Wadinator,

I respect your concern as a parent and wish every parent was as involved and concerned about their children as you seem to be. That said, I will respectfully disagree with you on the whether Randy is a role model. He may be idolized or worshipped by many children and adults alike but it is not his responsibility to teach anybody's child right from wrong. It is sad that he can't be a role model and continues to make a spectacle of himself but that is his choice and those around him or affected by him make their choice how to deal with him and his antics. There is a difference between admiring talent and admiring the person. Does Randy Moss make parenting tougher? Absolutely. Is it his responsibility? No. My opinion and certainly no judgements on anyones relationship with their child but this is a debate that has gone on since Charles Barkley first said he was not a role model. The disagreements have gone on since.

The debate seems to be the definition of a role model.

From m-w.com (Merriam-Webster Online):

Main Entry: role model

Function: noun

: a person whose behavior in a particular role is imitated by others

Will my 11 year old imitate the behavior of Randy Moss in a particular role (like his antics on the football field after a touchdown, his careless attitude off the field, etc...)? Heck yes he will, unless I'm darn certian he understands that Moss's behavior is unacceptable for a kid playing high school football, or for an 11 year old playing a pick-up game at the park.

Kids look up to Moss, and will imitate him, whether he likes it or not. His athleticism is a gift. He should realize that the price of that gift is his responsibilities to his young fans that adore him because of it.

I make sure to bad-mouth Moss's antics and praise his athleticism every chance I get when I'm around my son. I hope that way he'll learn to only admire Moss's athleticism and not his behavior.

Back to the predictions... I say Vikes 23 Eagles 20, we should have won the first game, except Duante fumbled going into the end zone and that T.O touchdown catch shouldn't have been ruled a catch, put Mcnabb and staff on the shelf for a month and with no T.O. in the lineup, I say we have a better chance than I thought we did last week, and look what happened!

Wadinator,

The role model definition does not mention positive or negative behavior that is imitated, which means Randy is a role model and explains my incorrect thinking that a role mode is only a positive influence. I think our only disagreement is the responsibility that you believe comes with his talent. I am not saying I don't wish all athletes were the kind of people we would want all kids to grow up to be, I just don't expect them to be. Again, kudos on being an involved parent.

If the team that trounced the Pack last week shows up, the PA team had better clear the cobwebs out early or the Vikes got a solid chance.

Win or loose...lets hope for a good effort. GO Vikes!!!

It's amazing what one week will do for the fans. I don't know if last week was an aberration or what, but how can you forget the month of December that the Vikes had and what their recent record is playing outside on grass? By the way, Philly beat the Pack 47 - 17 earlier this season. It's one of those cases where I can't say I'd be 100% surpised if the Vikings win, but on the other hand, I'd expect to see a Vikings team that more resembles the December team rather than last week's team. They need to jump out to a quick start or it likely won't happen. For some reason, the Vikings are a team that depends on emotion for their wins and they need to get that emotion going right away in their games or they are in trouble.

Oh yeah, since this thread is about predictions, mine won't be popular but it's Eagles 34 - 20

it all depends on witch vikings team shows up if its the one that beat green bay they can win but if the one that played the 1st 16 games shows up there in trouble

im pulling for them though id love to se them make it to the big game (think of the fun you can have with the packer fans then)

IF the vikes can run the ball at a 4-5 yd clip per play and mix in a Daunte 7-9 yd run with the given passes to wig, burl and moss, I see the vikes scoring 27 points at the max.comes down to the def giving up less than 27

phily 27- vikes 26 on a akers FG.

you won't find a bigger Vike fan than me, but the def in the last 2:00 is huge.

too go to next week,,,, philly 24, falcons 16

at least the packers are packing it up.

Two minutes to go in the first half--nothing is going the Vikings' way. Bad luck and sloppy play have put the Vikings down by 14 right now. Thomas's interference on third down gives the Eagles the chance to score their first TD--how many times have we seen that this year? Then that Eagle fumble for a TD--99% of the time the defense would recover that for a touchabck. What do you do when breaks like that go against you? Then that Charlie-Fox of a fake field goal--I don't know where to begin on that joke. Now the Vikings just lost a review of a fumble recovery that would have given them the ball inside Eagles' territory. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles now go down and add to their 21-7 lead. If the Vikings are to have a chance, they have to play better defense in the second half, and finally have some breaks go their way.