• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WBL Metro Get Together Jan. 15th

SmellyJelly

I'm going to try and make it to WBL around noon or so for about an hour to BS a little. Everyone going out of Ramsey to fish the break?

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmellyJelly

• John Mickish

• spasticcp

• goin fishin

hey matt, were you up at the winnie tourney last week? my brother mike, goes by 'LOG" and i fished it. great time. i will be out on wbl tomorrow, but in my big house. stop by if you have a chance, i'm the steel white house with a peaked roof off of the island , bring smelly jelly over for a beer.

Yep, the Winni event was a lot of fun! Sounds good, I'll stop by if I make it out there tomorrow.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Take 35E North to Hwy 96 East. About a mile and a half to Hwy 61 North- take a left. About half a mile,through downtown White Bear, then take a right on Hwy 96 East. There is a bait store right there on the left, I believe it's Little Bear Bait. Ramsey County is on the right, about 1/3 - 1-2 mile down 96.

Haven't been to Keys in awhile. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys see you at 7:00.

If its all right with you guys I would like to check it out and meet some fellow fmers. I have a qf3, vex, heater, cam, and an extra seat. seems the cold has talked most of my buddies right outta leavin the house, and dont want to spend my saturday morning tippy toeing about the house trying not to wake up my sleepy wife grin.gif . I'll be coming from lakeville and have never fished wbl on hard, or soft water so It should be a learning experience.

Fishwonk- I grew up in St Paul and moved out to Stillwater (Oak Park Heights) 4 years ago. I'm glad you can make it to the event.

hawksguy- I seen you on the WBL today. There was quit a few of us brave souls out there tonight...wasn't there. I will stop by your perm. tomorrow fo sure. Are you going to be watching football tomorrow? If you are...you might have to pry me out of your shack smile.gif

metrojoe- Even with the cold weather it will be fun.

mnfishinguy- Are you going to bring your portable tv out on the lake to watch football? hint,hint

goin fishin and myself look forward to meeting all of you guys tomorrow. goin fishin is going to bring around 30 venision brats; boiled in beer ready for the grill tomorrow...witch some one is bringing.

One last time: We are meeting at KEYS Resturaunt for breakfest at 7:00am. Take hwy 61 to fourth street, go east 2 blocks and it is on the right hand side.

My cell phone number is...(651)214-6639 Mike (SmellyJellY)

If you have an extra heater...please bring it!

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Only 7 below.. grin.gif

I would have liked to meet up with you guys but work and wife said "no play this weekend". Next time. Maybe meet some of you at Medicine?

Thanks again Goin Fishin for the vennison brats, they were delicious. grin.gif I was hoping max12 would shine some luck on my portable tongue.gif Even without the 8# walleyes we still caught a bunch of perch and had a good time. I will try to make it out to the next event, maybe it will be a bit warmer. I am counting on the "boy, as soon as you guys left..." replies.

Good to meet all of you,

Kyle

Yes, I second what 76k20 said. Thanks a lot for the good time out on the lake today. Those venison brauts were absolutely delicious(although the mustard would've been nice grin.gif). Given the weather and the low fish activity(except for those darn perch, must've got upwards of 80 between the 3 of us shocked.gif ), it was an excellent outing, and I hope to attend more of these events in the future. Thanks again for all of you veterans being so nice and helpful to us "Newbies."

Thanks to goinfishin & SmellyJelly for putting the event together. And anyone who brings venison brats along at any time is a fine human being in my book!

Thanks for sharing your portable 76! We could have wallpapered the place with 2" - 6" perch. Maybe make some

perch-skin boots to keep out feet warm. grin.gif

I too am waiting for the final tally & hoping there were some fish caught after we left around 2PM.

As far as the "as soon as you left comment..." is concerned, it was still perch after perch after perch, with nothing in between. I think we were the last to leave, along with goin fishing and ya hey der, at about 5:30 or so. So you didn't miss anything, I can tell ya that.

I just want to thank all of you who showed up for the event...what a great group of people. I had alot of fun bs'n with everyone. A big thanks to goin fishin for the venision brats and to Ya Hey Der (Emeril) for being the official cook for the day.

I moved to a differen't location around 4:30pm and fished until 7:00pm. Believe it or not... I managed to get a few nice walleye's on a plain hook and small shiners. Yes, I too was shocked!

I work 6:45-3:00pm m-f if anyone want's to hit the nite bite. You can call me on my cell phone anytime.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

What an awesome day out on the ice! I too would like to thank everyone for a fun day out, even if it was only perch and more perch to be found...Thanks again for the brats goinfishin, they were amazing, and really hit the spot. SmellyJelly, I can't thank you enough either for the use of your gear, Jeff and I really had a blast and are excited to get out with you guys again sometime! It really is awesome just how welcoming and inviting you guys are to us "newbies", I had a ton of fun. Though next time we maybe should catch some "real" fish too... wink.gif

Thanks once again,

WallyGator12000 (Ryan)

Smelly Jelly, it was really nice to meet you. I'll hook up with you again in the near future. Ya Hey Der, great job on Goin' Fishin's Brats, man, was I hungry! Goin Fishin, I'll try to call you in a few minutes, I have to take my sweetheart home now, if I don't get ahold of you tonight I'll see you at, let's say, 6:30. I'll bring the coffee and donuts. Fish on!

SmellyJelly, it's good to hear someone finally had some success other than perch. I suppose rightfully so, it was the guy who set the whole get-together up. Thanks again for setting this event up for all of us to take part in.

Quote:

Yes, I second what 76k20 said. Thanks a lot for the good time out on the lake today. Those venison brauts were absolutely delicious(although the mustard would've been nice
grin.gif
). Given the weather and the low fish activity(except for those darn perch, must've got upwards of 80 between the 3 of us
shocked.gif
), it was an excellent outing, and I hope to attend more of these events in the future. Thanks again for all of you veterans being so nice and helpful to us "Newbies."

What he said grin.gif It was great meeting eveyone, lunch was great, and I'll defenitely be looking forward to the future events. Also, a thank you to Matt Johnson for giving away all those lures. grin.gif

Had a great time yesterday meeting every one. Thanks Smelly Jelly and goin fishin for putting the event together. The brats were real good. I just wished I could have enjoyed a beer with them but my beer kept freezing.

Smelly - Glad to hear you got a couple of walleyes. I guess White Bear will now become your new favorite lake.

My thoughts exactly! A big thanks to everyone who came out. And of course to Goin Fishin for wonderful venison brats. I could eat those for the rest of my life. Saturday was all about the perch I guess, but hitting all perch is a lot better than hitting none at all.

MNFishingguy - Could you check your portable and see if you find a tan plastic NBA glasses case? I had a few of my jigs in there and can't seem to find it now. I think it might have fell back behind the bench at some point. If you could take a gander that would be great.

Spasticcp, I found your case of goodies. What time do you drive thru WBL? I can meet you somewhere to give it back.

This was my first get together and it was great. I am looking forward to another one. Anybody fish Bald Eagle and willing to take it on with help?

I talked to Goinfishin about one on Calhoun sometime. I hope that becomes a reality.

Yea, if you have never been to one do yourself a favor and go to the next one.

I am usually passing through WBL around 3pm pretty much like clockwork. If that's a little early I can always stop off somewhere and have a couple and wait too. Today I've got a phone interview right at 3, but could probably meet up around 3:30 or 4. JJ's Bierstube was an old haunt of mine a while back. If you wanted to try for today, otherwise it's no big emergency. We can meet up anytime this week.

Thanks everyone for the replies about the brats and hats off to Ya Hey Der for bringing the grill and doin the cooking. Well, at least we learned that the freezing point of ketchup is much lower than mustard. blush.gif

I hope everyone can try and make the fishing event on Minnetonka on saturday, Feb.5 It should be a blast and there will be people like Matt Johnson there to give out some tips I hope. I think you can preregister for $10 or pay $15 at the event.

Chow for now,

GF

Sounds good, I have that phone interview today at 3, so I'll probably be in the parking lot at that time, but let's plan on 3:30 and that should give me some time to wrap up the interview. I drive right up 35E so that's right on my way home.

Spasticcp, I'm not working today so anytime is ok. Do you drive up 35E? If so, how about the Walmart parking lot on County E? My cell # is 763-242-9071. I'd hate to see a man without his ice lures!

It was great meeting all you guys. Sounds like I should have stuck around for the brats. I've fished White Bear during hard water season in the past with much the same result, so I had kind of given up, but this get together has renewed my interest. I'm going to try and spend some more evenings at White Bear in the coming weeks looking for them eyes or maybe even crappies. If any of you guys are interested in heading out there shoot me an email [email protected]

Don't know if I'll make it to the Minnetonka event but I'll be at Medicine Lake with my two boys for the event next Saturday.

metrojoe- I would be up for trying the SOUTH side of the BEAR sometime next week. Will that work for you? Anybody esle interested?

76k20- if you get a chance give me a call on my cell phone tonite. (651) 214-6639

Peace,

SmellyJelly

I am heading up to Mille Lacs tomorrow and returning on Sunday nite.