• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Your posting name

Dan Thiem

I have been fishing for 35 years- just don't quite got it yet. smirk.gif

pass me a minnow, will ya

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NELS-BELLS

• sami0115

• Dan Thiem

• Gissert

just a nickname given to me from friends many years ago, it also is close to my name, konop.

Given to me from my college roomate 13 years ago. Everytime I entered a room ...on went the TV.

When the TV's on it should have your attention, or why turn it on in the first place!?

7 TV's: including 1 in the garage and one in the fishouse. 8 if you count an aquaview grin.gif

The 196th Light Infantry Brigade (nothing light about a rucksack) is the unit I served with in The Land of The Green Latrine, and the DLR, are my initials.

Angler from the model Crestliner we have, Don my first name.

Great post ! A lot of creative names .

Don't women say that guys only think of one thing? It's where I'm going or where I wish I was going all of the time. I also have it on my ND license plate, but spelled a little different. That phrase is on several plates here, each spelled a little different from the others.

Just a spinoff of my favorite trucks, started using it on a chevy message board and have used it ever since

Well, "Kaz" has been used by me since I was 2 or 3 years of age. My last name is "Kaitz" and I could not pronounce it properly, it came out "Kaz". It stuck since then, 60 some years ago.... Kaz

My name is Dan and I fish walleyes a lot!! I was setting up an email account years ago and I guy I was working with at the time suggested "Walleyedan"! So there we are.

Well, I lived in Virginia, MN. from about 3years old to 18 years old (my family still lives there), which is on the Iron Range. And the number 420 is an important date to me. When I'm not hunting or fishing, I am on the course golfing!!! April 20th 2003 was the date that I first golfed Par on a regulation par 72 golf course (and no, I didn't take any mulligans). Oh yeah, I haven't done it again since. I hate that darn game! smile.gif Since Ironranger was already taken I had to add something. On the day I joined this site, I happened to be thinking about that day I golfed par and decided to use that date.

well how I came up with my name is that I am always searching for big fish my hunt is never through smile.gif I would fish 24/7 if I had the chance

Big Fish Hunter247

My moniker; "Big Julie" was resurected from high school days playing pool in the old pool hall.

A friend from the old days brought it back and I now use it from time to time.

bj grin.gif

My name is John and I'm a server part time at a restaurant and the Mexican cooks call me "Juan Grande" which means Big John in Spanish.

I stopped in at Harty's Bait on Medicine last winter and I think Joe was surprised to see I was caucasian.

Squeedunk is a 19 acre lake by my cabin that is loaded with bass. Many of my best days on the water have been on Squeedunk and I get it all to myself! I owe many days of happiness to that lake and I can't wait to get back up there again.

Similar reason: our cabin is on Lake Alice.

Nels Bells can you explain the mystery of the name ninetoe? How about "twitter"? You IBOT guys have the goofiest but most interesting names. Must be the triangle. I've only fished there twice and I even have a triangle story.

LA

Mine comes from when I was a kid racing a “B” stock hydroplane. That little 9’ boat did 58 MPH with a 19 cubic inch Champion Hot Rod motor. I’ve always had kind of a need for speed. These days I split my recreational time between my fishing boat with a 200hp Mercury smirk.gif and my 1966 Plymouth Satellite, soon to be treated to a fresh 500” big block grin.gif.

Years ago I played on a paintball team. Being the fat guy on the team, naturally they called me Skinny.

Some wiseacher started calling me Skinman, then Skinflute and then it morphed into Skindog.

Kind of funny how people get nicknames.

Last name got spun into Cheeks during college and the nickname still sticks...unfortunately. Went on a road trip to Buffalo NY, and passed through Cheektowaga which is a suburb...which also stuck.